PDA

View Full Version : Anyone about to trash Natur seats?

Ross
11-18-2008, 05:49 PM
I am looking for a bit of original Natur leather, enough for a side bolster repair to a sport seat. My car is an '88 3er.
I'll pay for shipping of course and something for your effort.
Parchment is lighter or darker than Natur?
Thanks

tim eh?
11-22-2008, 02:41 PM
I am looking for a bit of original Natur leather, enough for a side bolster repair to a sport seat. My car is an '88 3er.
Thanks

ross there are a couple of bits attached to my old fabric seats but they are vinyl i think and i don't know if there would be enough even for that... might do in a pinch but i'll have to have a looksee.... i'm pretty sure natur is lighter than parchment.

Black 535i
11-22-2008, 03:19 PM
I may have a line on a driver's side one for you.

tim eh?
12-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks

ross i have two pieces like this, but i need to keep one or at least half - this is the crummy piece i'll keep, the other is slightly better i think. they are natur but vinyl, and they aren't long enough to do the side of a seat. i dunno if you do but you can have the other piece if you want it, i know how hard it is to find natur stuff.

Ross
12-08-2008, 12:35 PM
ross i have two pieces like this, but i need to keep one or at least half - this is the crummy piece i'll keep, the other is slightly better i think. they are natur but vinyl, and they aren't long enough to do the side of a seat. i dunno if you do but you can have the other piece if you want it, i know how hard it is to find natur stuff.

Hey Tim,
Thanks for the offer, I think that's too small a piece. I've got a worn side bolster on a sport seat I'd like to repair. The piece would need to be at least 75cm long and probably20 wide.
Ross

myles
12-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I have a pair of natur E32 seats that I'm going to use for parts to improve my E34 seats. Which panel do you need? I will have a look and see if it is worth trying.

tim eh?
12-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey Tim,
Thanks for the offer, I think that's too small a piece. I've got a worn side bolster on a sport seat I'd like to repair. The piece would need to be at least 75cm long and probably20 wide.
Ross

wtf ross... metric?

so much for 'manifest destiny' wow you americans are really slipping! :p

JK eh? good luck with it, don't use too thick a needle or it'll take weeks...

Ross
12-08-2008, 06:47 PM
wtf ross... metric?

so much for 'manifest destiny' wow you americans are really slipping! :p

JK eh? good luck with it, don't use too thick a needle or it'll take weeks...

I live with a European and have given up teaching her feet and inches(really honey, 10 centimeters is equal to eight inches)so have learned to do metric conversions from the need to communicate. Fortunately she already knew english.
What is JK?

Ross
12-08-2008, 06:48 PM
thanks to you too myles. I think the logistics would be too difficult shipping it half way around the planet.

tim eh?
12-08-2008, 08:26 PM
(really honey, 10 centimeters is equal to eight inches)...
What is JK?

you kill me :D

i guess working on bimmers probably has its influence, my SAE wrenches are in a cardboard box somewhere.

JK- Just Kneedling/Kidding/Koffing