PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation of M60 intake leak?

Fetch
11-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Before I order all the new intake gaskets etc, I want to get some final input...

Below freezing cold start with MAF: Takes extra cranking, may die after 5 seconds, but on restart starts up ok

Below freezing cold start with MAF disconnected: Takes same extra cranking, same may die after 5 seconds, once started idle hunts or bounces up and down

Driving car is generally just fine below 3,000, 3,500 RPM, power above that range isn't really there.

Sometimes after sitting at a stop light, car has almost no power anywhere shortly after taking off (similar to how it drove before it broke down a few weeks ago) - then it clears up

I am going to attempt to test fuel pressure after I drive 150 miles home this weekend.

Is there any way to tell if all I need to do is replace the PCV plate part 11617501562?

There is a horn noise if I spray carb cleaner in the back area of this PCV plate, I don't know what this means

632 Regal
11-18-2008, 10:16 PM
There is a horn noise if I spray carb cleaner in the back area of this PCV plate, I don't know what this means[/quote]

Means there is a leak. PCV plates are as common for failure as all the intake gaskets.(including front plate)

Fetch
11-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Means there is a leak. PCV plates are as common for failure as all the intake gaskets.(including front plate)

Alright thanks Jeff, I'm going to attempt to replace only just the PCV plate this time around...If no fix then it'll be ALL intake gaskets!

Thanks!

pgrindstaff
11-19-2008, 12:33 PM
There is also an s shaped vacuum tube that connects to the back of the PCV plate as well. After I got everything apart (had the horn like noise) I found that there was a hole in the tube causing all the ruckus. This is an easy part to miss when you order but you should be able to use regular 1/8? vacuum tube as a replacement.

I won't say with 100% certainty that this is the cause of your problem but it is worth checking.