PDA

View Full Version : Calling Chicago members

Ross
11-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Who is up for indoor go karting?
With a group of eight or more Chicago Indoor Racing gives a good discount, with a larger group both tracks can be combined.
http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/
I went with a club group once, it was $80 and we had lots of track time. It consumed most of an afternoon.

Black 535i
11-18-2008, 08:55 AM
...am looking at a $1400.00 head repair so will pass this time. Have to save the coin for Xmas and holidays. Have fun.

Mr._Graybeard
11-18-2008, 11:15 AM
The Wisconsin BMWCCA chapter is planning an event:

http://www.badgerbimmers.org/main/2008Karting.shtml

Ross
11-18-2008, 11:17 AM
willing to turn a blind eye to non-member??

Ross
11-18-2008, 11:22 AM
I'll give you a whole 535 for that.
Who is doing the work?

Black 535i
11-18-2008, 01:18 PM
9140 Terminal Ave.

Fetch
11-18-2008, 01:35 PM
I've done this with a family & friends group, it's a ton of fun.

Although, I am going to use Black 535i's excuse of needing money for impending repairs :(

Besides, you guys wouldn't want me there, last time I was in overall 2nd place only to the guy who raced these karts "professionally" ;)

Ross
11-18-2008, 01:50 PM
I've done this with a family & friends group, it's a ton of fun.

Although, I am going to use Black 535i's excuse of needing money for impending repairs :(

Besides, you guys wouldn't want me there, last time I was in overall 2nd place only to the guy who raced these karts "professionally" ;)

I've only done it once so perhaps you could school me then.

Fetch
11-18-2008, 06:40 PM
I've only done it once so perhaps you could school me then.

haha, oh I've only raced there once, I did well my first time because I copied the lines of the experienced guy in front of me

Ross
11-18-2008, 07:06 PM
haha, oh I've only raced there once, I did well my first time because I copied the lines of the experienced guy in front of me

I see, maybe I'll be taking you to school.

Mr._Graybeard
11-18-2008, 07:51 PM
willing to turn a blind eye to non-member??

If you can get together a team, only one member has to belong to the BMWCCA.

I'd play, but the last and only time I drove karts with these guys I came in dead last.

Rick L
11-18-2008, 08:42 PM
What date? Those things are so much fun! Let me know when and I'm in! :D

Who is up for indoor go karting?
With a group of eight or more Chicago Indoor Racing gives a good discount, with a larger group both tracks can be combined.
http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/
I went with a club group once, it was $80 and we had lots of track time. It consumed most of an afternoon.

Fetch
11-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey Ross if this gets planned for a Saturday (Oh, Sunday is also good) on or between Dec20th and Jan10th, then you can count me in for it! :)

I won't be able to do a weekday, I need all the hours I can get at my winter job.

Ross
11-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Three so far
RickL, Fetch and myself. Black 535 is car poor but may come around if his tab ain't too bad.
Who else?
Graybeard, are you willing to incorprate this group of flatlanders in your Badger group?

Mr._Graybeard
11-20-2008, 02:30 AM
Three so far
RickL, Fetch and myself. Black 535 is car poor but may come around if his tab ain't too bad.
Who else?
Graybeard, are you willing to incorprate this group of flatlanders in your Badger group?

I don't have Dec. 31 off work as a given, but I'll see if I can arrange it. Sounds like fun!

Looks like the Badger BMWCCA event is limited to teams of two or three. One team member has to belong to the club. If we're looking at four or five drivers, maybe it would make more sense for us to reserve some ad hoc time between large groups. I'm game for that too.

Ross
11-20-2008, 07:32 AM
I don't have Dec. 31 off work as a given, but I'll see if I can arrange it. Sounds like fun!

Looks like the Badger BMWCCA event is limited to teams of two or three. One team member has to belong to the club. If we're looking at four or five drivers, maybe it would make more sense for us to reserve some ad hoc time between large groups. I'm game for that too.

Dec 31? Nuts, I have a wedding to attend on Dec31.

Mr._Graybeard
11-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Dec 31? Nuts, I have a wedding to attend on Dec31.

So the BMWCCA event is out. Another day, then. Let's check with the track and see when they might be able to fit in a foursome/fivesome.

Rick L
11-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Ross, two of my friends might go. What date are you thinking about?

Ross
11-20-2008, 09:27 PM
No date in mind so I'm open to suggestions.

Ross
11-20-2008, 09:32 PM
So the BMWCCA event is out. Another day, then. Let's check with the track and see when they might be able to fit in a foursome/fivesome.

Eight is the magic number to have a group rate which gives you a waiver of the "license fee", a $5 freebie in the restaurant and potential for joining the two short tracks which was done for the group of sixteen that I previously went with.