PDA

View Full Version : Paying the dumbass tax today

Ross
11-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Decided to replace the burned out light bulbs in the cluster of my car today.
Disconnect battery, remove wheel, pop out cluster, change bulbs, reinstall.
Start her up and nothing works.
Repeat all above, seperate cluster halves look around all seems well, must be the connection between the halves.
Button her up, reconnect battery and all is well now EXCEPT the damn SRS light winking DUMBASS at me. The airbag was connected but not fastened to the wheel, apparently it also needs to "see" a ground.
Off to the smiling dealer to pay my dumbass tax.

Not laughing yet?
I also cleaned the fall leaves from my rain gutters today. Two story house, knocked down the ladder.
Good thing I had the extension cord for the leaf blower. Lassoed that damn ladder and pulled it up. Took a loong time, I hope no one saw.
Let's see.. where is that gin?

DaveVoorhis
11-14-2008, 01:43 PM
I also cleaned the fall leaves from my rain gutters today. Two story house, knocked down the ladder.
Good thing I had the extension cord for the leaf blower. Lassoed that damn ladder and pulled it up. Took a loong time, I hope no one saw.
These days? Probably be on YouTube by morning... :D

Tiger
11-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Buy that Shogun reset tool instead of paying the dumbass tax.

repenttokyo
11-14-2008, 03:58 PM
can disconnect the battery and let it drain out of power - i think it takes more than 8 hours? should reset the light, no?

Ross
11-14-2008, 07:28 PM
can disconnect the battery and let it drain out of power - i think it takes more than 8 hours? should reset the light, no?

Uh uh. Needs the secret BMW handshake
Picture my gesture

repenttokyo
11-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Uh uh. Needs the secret BMW handshake
Picture my gesture

wow that sucks man :(