PDA

View Full Version : Wig Waggers in head lights

bimmerboy
11-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Hey everyone,

so i just recently got my emt certification for MA and was told i needed to get emergecy lights installed in my car. PERFECT right, some nice flashers (wig waggers) in the headlights and some in the rear with a nice red flashing light under the mirror.

Just wondering if anyone has had this done?? it was a pain in the ass but was hoping to see a few pic/vid if possible!

shogun
11-11-2008, 10:40 PM
I would like to have them, legally approved, would help sometimes to get the road ahead free for passing :)

But have no idea how that could be made. In Germany the police/fire departments -especially in Bavaria- had/still have- a lot of E34 and these were special versions for police and fire brigades, so that was all original.
Cannot find anything in the standard wiring diagrams on this.

Barney Paull-Edwards
11-12-2008, 02:31 AM
This is possible on any car. All you have to do is install a separate feed and sequential relay set to the lights. The most common and expensive mistake made on BMW`s is not to fit an isolating relay and dummy load for light sensors(if fitted)if you allow current to feed back up the circuit the lighting relay will fry, taking the switch with it.There is a company in UK who make a kit to fit E39`s and the current one , for details PM me.

bimmerboy
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
sorry haha, i guess i was not clear in my last message. i actually already have them installed. I got a kit off of ebay for 100 bucks! it came with 6 lights and 6 15foot cords and the controll unit. It is pretty sweet, i was going to try and get the lights in the fogs also but i did not have enough length in the wire.

just wanted to see if anyone else had, had done it.

thanks