PDA

View Full Version : Weird Door Lock Issue - Part 2

Rick L
11-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I posted week ago regarding weird door lock issue. See link below...

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39798

When I lock the door, it locks and then it unlocks. If I lock again, it locks fine the second time. I was told by BMW mechanic that you need to change your battery in your remote. I thought that was bit strange. Then he told me if I can enable the alarm from remote. So I tried to arming the alarm from remote and it won't. Apparently, if the battery is weak in the remote, it will cause your door to lock and then unlock to notify you that you need to change the battery in your remote! And at the same time, it will not arm your alarm if battery is low. Wow! This is news to me. I changed the battery in my remote and my door locks perfectly! :D Those German engineers think of everything! :p

Paul in NZ
11-12-2008, 03:54 PM
might be partially true..you have a problem with (most likely) the drivers actuator,and or microswitch.The GM(general module) doesnt get a clean signal from your drivers door that it has locked,so it disregards the previous lock signal....the later GMs dont do this.My car does the opposite,but only form the deadlocked position.If i unlock,the car immediately locks again.Most times the second attempt works.On very rare occasions the drivers door stays locked and the rest of the car is unlocked.I dont have a remote so this behaviour is from the key in drivers door.

Rick L
11-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah... I thought that was unusual but after changing the battery in the remote fixed my weird door locking issue. I would think that if the actuator or the microswitch was indeed bad, wouldn't I still have the door locking issue? It is working perfectly without any issues now. :)

BMWDriver
11-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Unbeknownst to me, I had a blown fuse that prevented me from unlocking the doors from the passenger side aside form itself, and so did the same as you from the driver's side. The fuse was one under the backseat, a brown 7A if I recall.

There is also a common issue where the wires leading to the trunk tend to be exposed, I have read here.

Jehu
08-12-2009, 12:59 AM
So close yet so far.. I've lost the connection between Car and remote key... I've posted several times in different threads about it.. I also have this problem when locking manually SOMETIMES not all the time.. I changed the actuator in the passenger doo,, will soon do the driver's door BUT I also got brand new batteries from the BMW dealership a few weeks ago and that did NOT completely eliminate the locking kickback issue though again it doesn't happen all the time..

I figured I;d post to keep this alive in the hope it may lead to more answers..