PDA

View Full Version : Transponder Key Programming <?> -'00 323

moapys
11-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Folks, having read everything online that I can find about initializing an aftermarket combo key (transponder for starting / board for locks), I'm still fuzzy on a few points:

1) Must a "blank" transponder be used, or can the top of used similar year ('99/'00 in my case) be re-programmed? I don't mind opening "fob-tops"...
2) Does the ignition sequencing process (E46Fanatics, ProgramYourKeys, other BMW sites), after following the steps, the doors lock/unlock to confirm; is this remote button activation only or does it - hopefully - sync the transponder chip to allow starting?
3) I've read that entire-sets of keys must be reprogrammed to allow the adding of another, if not purchased from the st(d)ealer: The referenced procedure above discusses beginning with a working key, progressing to the others - - is there not a way to do "just one more"?

This rolling-code technology seems to be vastly more difficult than simply self-cloning a typical american auto transponder: 'Any first-hand details out there?

THX!