PDA

View Full Version : Odd Light Behavior

///Sniper535
11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
My interior lights, as in dash, radio, gear switch lights, turn on with the ignition on pos. 2. I checked and the parking lights don't turn on, just the illumination on the inside of the car. any idea what causes this?

Ross
11-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Nothing odd about it. The parking lights are operated from the headlight switch.
What are you forgetting to mention here?

///Sniper535
11-07-2008, 05:05 PM
the switch is off. yet the interior illumination for the guages and radio go on when key is on pos. 2. This isn't how it's supposed to be.

Ross
11-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh,.. ya.
Sorry I misread.
Are any exterior lights on?
Sounds like a goofy LKM or switch
Check for power at pin 14 of the LKM with the light switch off, if you have power the switch is shorted.
If no juice there, which is the interior lights signal from the switch, I think the LKM has gone south.
At least both are easy to get at.

///Sniper535
11-07-2008, 09:19 PM
also, i have wired the E38 shifter panel with all the lights, I just noticed tonight, when I shift up to "P" with force all the interior illumination lights go out, except for the headlights and parking lights. Could this also be the cause?

Ross
11-09-2008, 08:57 AM
also, i have wired the E38 shifter panel with all the lights, I just noticed tonight, when I shift up to "P" with force all the interior illumination lights go out, except for the headlights and parking lights. Could this also be the cause?
Disconnect and see.