PDA

View Full Version : Karlyn brand

Ross
11-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Lemforder schlemforder
Just ordered Karlyn brand control arms for the E39. To replace the second set of OEs with 60k on them.
Price was the deciding factor, I'm somewhat suspect. BUT, if they are built only to a price point why aren't they steel rather than aluminum?
U.S. made, half the price of others, a fourth of OE.
The $$$ OE stuff ain't so great itself so for my money these look good.
Time will tell.

Tiger
11-04-2008, 12:44 PM
If you ordered from AutohausAz... sometime that is Meyle instead. I think I have Karilyn part on something... just don't remember where...

HIe34
11-07-2008, 01:30 PM
for dogbones from an online parts store because of the price. the sales guy emailed me back and said I should buy them if i was getting rid of my car soon. Now could be he just wanted me to buy a more expensive brand, but that is not a very expensive part anyway, so take that for what it's worth.

Jehu
11-07-2008, 01:45 PM
for dogbones from an online parts store because of the price. the sales guy emailed me back and said I should buy them if i was getting rid of my car soon. Now could be he just wanted me to buy a more expensive brand, but that is not a very expensive part anyway, so take that for what it's worth.

I have Lemforder Dog-bones on the way from Pelican Parts because of what I read about Karlyn parts on various message boards... $104 for the pair free shipping..

Tiger
11-07-2008, 03:36 PM
I am using cheap dogbones from ebay... Hamburg Technix... it was like $25 for a pair.