PDA

View Full Version : Securing rear window switch

ElNormo
11-03-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm reassembling the left-rear door panel after replacing a faulty lock actuator. I've put the power window switch back in place, but I don't understand what holds it in place. There doesn't appear to be anything that "snaps" into place.

I can put the switch in the opening and attach the wiring harness behind it... but it just falls back out of the opening into the cabin.

Anyone remember how the switch stays put?

Norman

Rus
11-03-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm reassembling the left-rear door panel after replacing a faulty lock actuator. I've put the power window switch back in place, but I don't understand what holds it in place. There doesn't appear to be anything that "snaps" into place.

I can put the switch in the opening and attach the wiring harness behind it... but it just falls back out of the opening into the cabin.

Anyone remember how the switch stays put?

Norman

There should be metal spring tabs on each end of the switch. They have a habit of falling out when the switch is removed. Without them, there is nothing to hold the switch in place. If you lost your spring tabs, you may have to source a new switch as they're not available as a separate item as far as I know. HTH

ElNormo
11-03-2008, 09:48 AM
They have a habit of falling out when the switch is removed.

Very interesting... yes, I'll bet mine fell out!

Thanks,

Norman

shogun
11-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Bend a piece if spring metal and put it in.
I used another clip from the headliner clips and filed it to fit. Any piece of spring type metal can be filed to fit and it holds.
Looks into your junk electronic parts box and see what you have to make it fit.