PDA

View Full Version : Another damn TRANS PROGRAM

bimmo_2007
10-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi guys, wonder anyone have an idea about what's going on with my ride. Ok here it goes, I start the car in the morning & it runs normal, but I when move forward, few yards & it will go into limp mode & display "TRANS PROGRAM", then I should shut down the engine & start it again, at the second start it moves normal, smoothly & nothing abnormal show up all the day. this happened occasionaly especialy when I am running the A/C. I should mention that before the message show up, I feel the engine hesitating a little bit.

guys..what do you think?

Ferret
10-30-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi guys, wonder anyone have an idea about what's going on with my ride. Ok here it goes, I start the car in the morning & it runs normal, but I when move forward, few yards & it will go into limp mode & display "TRANS PROGRAM", then I should shut down the engine & start it again, at the second start it moves normal, smoothly & nothing abnormal show up all the day. this happened occasionaly especialy when I am running the A/C. I should mention that before the message show up, I feel the engine hesitating a little bit.

guys..what do you think?

Your speed sensor on the back of the gearbox is shot, the fact it only does it after you start moving confirms this.

However it's likely that it's somehow been compromised as if it works second time it means something is changing physically with it on the second start up...

whiskychaser
10-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Your speed sensor on the back of the gearbox is shot, the fact it only does it after you start moving confirms this.

However it's likely that it's somehow been compromised as if it works second time it means something is changing physically with it on the second start up...

There are two sensors - input(turbine) and output. You will get trans prog with a low battery - but it has to be very low. Get somebody to check error codes for you very soon