PDA

View Full Version : Grinding noise when locking rear door

ElNormo
10-22-2008, 12:21 PM
I've got a 1989 535i, maintained through all the great help on these forums. We've had the occasional "out of sync" problem with the locks, but enough jiggling normally resolves the issue.

Now, my driver-side rear lock produces a two-second grinding noise whenever I lock or unlock from the driver's door. It sounds like the mechanism is slipping. The lock mechanism will move by hand, but does not engage with the centralized locks.

I seem to remember seeing this before, either on these forums or on the website. But can't find it now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Norman

632 Regal
10-23-2008, 11:33 PM
time for a new part, look on realoem for the part number and name... lots of parts cars out here.

nirvana19
10-25-2008, 02:41 PM
PULL DOOR PANEL AND REMOVE IMMEDIATELY.

my car started doing this, I figured still it was still working I would have a few days before I needed to look into it. 2 days later the lock was frozen.. and still is. I need to forcefully tear off the rear door panel now which is tricky to do without destroying the panel. All the 89s lock actuators are at about the age where they need to be replaced now, even if you don't have a replacement part I suggest you remove actuator thats in there now and just leave it manually locking until you get a replacement part.