PDA

View Full Version : Head unit won't reconize CD changer.

Pang
10-20-2008, 01:42 AM
Gidday Guys
I have an original 6 stacker CD changer in the boot.I have not used it for a couple of months,when I went to play a CD yesterday the head unit would not reconize the CD player.During the time I did not use the CD changer my battery has discharged and has been charged again.I did not need to enter the code to operate the radio.Power is present at the changer.
Any quick fixes out there guys.

Jehu
10-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Gidday Guys
I have an original 6 stacker CD changer in the boot.I have not used it for a couple of months,when I went to play a CD yesterday the head unit would not reconize the CD player.During the time I did not use the CD changer my battery has discharged and has been charged again.I did not need to enter the code to operate the radio.Power is present at the changer.
Any quick fixes out there guys.

I had a problem with this symptom. I discovered the CD Changer Cable had become worn at the plug which goes in to the Head Unit.. I managed to just fiddle with the cable,move it around and get it to recognize . I just taped it with electrical tape and stabilized it it that position FOR A SHORT WHILE. It will never work properly again if that is in fact your problem. I could only think of one possible solution since the Cable is hard wired into the Changer. Find a broken Changer (good luck) and snip off a length near the plug end , snip your plug off and attach the new plug. I couldn't find such a donor cable/plug .. kind of a shame since the Changer still works fine.