PDA

View Full Version : e34 auto and manual pedal boxes...

genphreak
10-19-2008, 01:36 AM
How are they different from e28 pedal boxes?

I am about to do my second auto to manual swap in an e34.

Last one was an M50B25, this is an M30B35. I've a kit from an e28 528i- the old 260/5 with the seperate bellhousing. But a few parts clearly don't fit. The clutch resovoir/master cylinder for a start.

However the pedal box from an e28 certainly won't fit. Now I know that if it was an e34 kit I'd be ok as one has the choice; change the pedalbox over OR add a spring tab and retofot the pedals with the pedals in-situ.

However... perhaps the e28 pedals can be adapted to the e34 auto pedal box too... Has anyone tried this?

Cheers, Nick

attack eagle
10-20-2008, 12:33 AM
spend the $15-$30 and just buy one

and if you have or want telescoping column it needs to be a later pedal box too.

obviousl if the clutch master doesn't fit the that is jsut another modification to make... and then... and then...

it's a good way to go bald for no reason when 34 boxes are so cheap with the pedals already hung, masters still in so the hardware is retained... etc.

also a good way to turn a 45 minute swap into an all weekend ordeal.

Ross
10-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Hey Nick, I see you found the swap pieces.
The E28 pedal box is notoriously weak in the clutch pedal area, check yours for cracks. Even if you could make it work I wouldn't. E34 stuff isn't that hard to find, and as you said a pedal can be added.
I hesitate to add that I have the airbag column you seek.

genphreak
11-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey Nick, I see you found the swap pieces.
The E28 pedal box is notoriously weak in the clutch pedal area, check yours for cracks. Even if you could make it work I wouldn't. E34 stuff isn't that hard to find, and as you said a pedal can be added.
I hesitate to add that I have the airbag column you seek.Woah. Thanks Ross, but I sourced a column a little while back now- (didn't see this post). Having tons of trouble finding a manual pedal box though... (bump ;) they are very rare in Oz.

Just hope one of the wreckers will get back to me- (they don't like posting o/s)