PDA

View Full Version : OE Floormats

///Sniper535
10-07-2008, 04:01 AM
I found an excellent set of floormats at the junk yard, cleaned them and everything but I didn't noticed how they were mounted to the carpet. What does it use as anchors?

Ferret
10-07-2008, 05:11 AM
http://static.bmwfans.info/images/epc/MTA5NzZfcA==.png (http://bmwfans.info/original/E34/Lim/540i-M60/ECE/R/M/1993/12/mg-51/ill-51_4575/)

They use locking pins down into the floor like the above

BMWCCA1
10-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Actually, it depends on what country you are from. Profile Info anyone?

In the USA, mats sold by BMW NA are not the same mats sold in Europe. They are made in USA by suppliers and they attach with snaps in the mats with the female part of the snap being made into the mat and a male adapter piece fitted into the floor receptacle using the t-shaped lower part of the snap adapter. These are likely not shown on any RealOEM site but should still be available from your dealer. Remember, this is for US BMWNA-supplied floor mats only, the ones with the snap fitted into the mat corners.

Russell
10-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Actually, it depends on what country you are from. Profile Info anyone?

In the USA, mats sold by BMW NA are not the same mats sold in Europe. They are made in USA by suppliers and they attach with snaps in the mats with the female part of the snap being made into the mat and a male adapter piece fitted into the floor receptacle using the t-shaped lower part of the snap adapter. These are likely not shown on any RealOEM site but should still be available from your dealer. Remember, this is for US BMWNA-supplied floor mats only, the ones with the snap fitted into the mat corners.
I bought new OE mats from the dealer and they came with this type of fastener. Might go back to scrap yard and see if the floor mount bits are still there. I assume this is a US car.

///Sniper535
10-07-2008, 10:43 AM
yes it is, i tired to use those fasteners shown on REALOem, thats what came on my car but is not used apparently. I'll have to check out that car again.

filip00
10-07-2008, 11:34 AM
i remember my old e30 320i had a different system of holding the carpets.

in the floor you had a male part of the system, it was a small ring that was sticking out. after you placed the carpet over it, and pulled that ring thru the hole in the carpet, you then simply turned it 90° and secured the carpet in place.

those rings are screwed in the floor of the car.

Paul in NZ
10-07-2008, 03:18 PM
i remember my old e30 320i had a different system of holding the carpets.

in the floor you had a male part of the system, it was a small ring that was sticking out. after you placed the carpet over it, and pulled that ring thru the hole in the carpet, you then simply turned it 90° and secured the carpet in place.

those rings are screwed in the floor of the car.

my car has a similar (if not identical) but fwiw genuine mats for RHD cars are NLA....the rings are screwed into the carpet/foam/underlay....I can get some from the UK but postage is horrific..

BMWCCA1
10-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Check with your local dealer or go back to the salvage yard and see if the male snap parts that look like posts are still in the floor receptacles. If they are, take a dime, stick it in the slot of the post, and turn it 90º counter-clockwise and pull it out. The part isn't on REALOEM and it's not used anywhere but North America that I can tell.

BMWCCA1
10-08-2008, 05:52 PM
OK, I pulled out an old BMW price list book (yeah, they used to actually print that stuff on paper!) and I found: T-Type Mat Fasteners (bag of 8) E32, E34 p/n 89892000220 suggested list (1990) of $3.00. My dealer's parts listing supercedes this to: 82111466956 FASTNER MAT SET $3.26. which puts you right back to the non-USA parts on RealOEM that fit Euro mats without the snaps. Ask your dealer, since I'm afraid they're showing what BMW used to call an "illogical" supercession. In fact, unless it's longer, the part shown is what came in the floor receptacle that we had to take out install the USA mat fasteners. I must have a million of those, in all colors, but they only fit flush with the floor carpet and don't leave any room for a mat. Sigh.