PDA

View Full Version : Hub and bearing repair

Dathaeus
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
One guy several months ago replaced my bearings on my right rear wheel bec it was no good and the wheel was basically wobbling when you would nudge it left and right on a lift.... it seemed fine for a while... then i got some 245's in the rears, and after that, i have started to hear some rubbing noise from that same wheel.... i know it rubs against my fender on a hard left when the car sits on the wheel (haven’t had my fenders rolled yet) but its not a rubber to fender sound, it is a metallic sound, like worn brakes. So these guys at Firestone tell me there is nothing physically touching on the outside, so it was to be the hub or bearing... so my question is, maybe that guy who is not a BMW expert from months ago didn’t do it right, but if I take it back to him (and he is like 35 miles away), he can just say oh, the bearings are fine, now its the hub, and charge me for his mistake, cant he? What’s my best option here, just take a hit and let Firestone do the work or try to salvage something with the last guy? What a pain in the ^&$%^&$@$.... and anyone know what this work costs? I think the last guy charged me like $350 to replace the bearings on the rear right.