PDA

View Full Version : radio issue

BigTed00
10-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I posted a few weeks ago about this problem over on bimmerfourms, but unfortunately it didnt get a single response :(

My radio stopped working last month. Most of the stations come in fuzzy, however certain radio stations tune in just fine. When I play a CD the speakers sound perfect, its only the radio that is fuzzy

any thoughts on what might be causing this issue?

Bo525i
10-04-2008, 02:53 AM
Maybe disturbance from the HIDīs or did the radio work fine when you installed them initially?

Tiger
10-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Factory or aftermarket stereo?

Russell
10-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Check am/fm signal amplifier & rear window connections. They can become corroded. I am assuming you have a factory set up and is similar to mine.

On my car, a 95, it is under the side panels behind rear seat on driver's side. They just pull out, you do not need to remove the parcel shelf.

BigTed00
10-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Check am/fm signal amplifier & rear window connections. They can become corroded. I am assuming you have a factory set up and is similar to mine.

On my car, a 95, it is under the side panels behind rear seat on driver's side. They just pull out, you do not need to remove the parcel shelf.

I have an '89 build date. I'll pull out the Bentley and figure out where the signal amplifier is located on my 535i and give it a look.

I have an aftermarket JVC Kameleon deck. The radio and HIDs were installed long before I bought the car, so I do not think the issue is related to the HIDs

Tiger
10-04-2008, 12:52 PM
You need to make sure the amp wire is connected... the amp wire not only triggers the amp on and off... it also powers up the antenna amplifier (required). Alot of people assumed with new head unit, they can leave the amp disconnected... very wrong as it also powers the antenna amplifier.