PDA

View Full Version : Rough idle problems PLEASE HELP

bmw_525i
10-03-2008, 06:07 PM
My e34 525i is idling rough when i come to a stop. fluxuating from 500rpm to 1000rpm the lights dim and it sometimes almost stalls on me. I heard something about a c194(or something) connector that if it got wet and corroded could cause these situations. Could anyone confrim or give any advice for this problems. thanks in advance.

genphreak
10-03-2008, 10:43 PM
My e34 525i is idling rough when i come to a stop. fluxuating from 500rpm to 1000rpm the lights dim and it sometimes almost stalls on me. I heard something about a c194(or something) connector that if it got wet and corroded could cause these situations. Could anyone confrim or give any advice for this problems. thanks in advance. Your ECU is trying to adjust for an air leak, a bad sensor or bad combustion. Either that or the ICV is sticking and the ECU is unable to control idle properly as a result. Pul the ICV, check oit works smoothly and check for obvious things first; air leaks, hoses, seals and connections under the intake manifold that have cracked or become loose and are letting air in. Search this forum if you don't know where to start. Then check plugs, temp sensors, injectors, O2 sensor, etc. Good luck and post back when you find the root cause. The symptoms are often confusing