PDA

View Full Version : Help Wiring E38 Shifter Panel

///Sniper535
09-23-2008, 08:59 PM
http://legendarydesignz-cp.com/whatthefudge.jpg

So I figured out how to get P-R-N-D-3-2-1 to illuminate, but I cant get the selector lights to go on. What do I need to do? bad LEDs? what do the other 4 pins do?

bad_manners_god
09-23-2008, 09:08 PM
http://legendarydesignz-cp.com/whatthefudge.jpg

So I figured out how to get P-R-N-D-3-2-1 to illuminate, but I cant get the selector lights to go on. What do I need to do? bad LEDs? what do the other 4 pins do?

I assume 1 or 2 of the other pins should wire up to the dimmer switch. The others I don't know.

///Sniper535
09-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I doubt it. the original switch didn't need any extra wires for that.

bad_manners_god
09-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I doubt it. the original switch didn't need any extra wires for that.

How many wires did the original switch have?

///Sniper535
09-23-2008, 09:23 PM
The E38 panel has two connectors instead of one. One for the A/M Switch on the tranny, and another connector for the gear position illumination, I can't get the a/m switch to light up, bad bulb probably, and I have no idea which yellow wires go to what yellow wires form E38 > E34 A/M Switch.

bad_manners_god
09-23-2008, 09:33 PM
The E38 panel has two connectors instead of one. One for the A/M Switch on the tranny, and another connector for the gear position illumination, I can't get the a/m switch to light up, bad bulb probably, and I have no idea which yellow wires go to what yellow wires form E38 > E34 A/M Switch.

I think your going to have to do some trial and error on this one, I did a search and didn't find anything...check the bulb and make sure it isn't burnt or bad contacts, after that, It's going to be trial and error for the other 4 wires...Only so many combinations. Hopefully shogun or gale can comment.

///Sniper535
09-24-2008, 10:27 AM
So I guess the first two pins are all I need? I've seen another post on anohter forum saying so, How do I check/replace the LEDs that are for the gear position selection?