PDA

View Full Version : E34 auto tranny?

xaviervp
09-23-2008, 08:58 PM
What year / Models can I look for when searching for a tranny for my E34.

95 with 161K miles on it, a week ago I did a complete top eng on it with new waterpump, and all rubber hoses under intake were replaced running like a baby except for this new issue with the tranny.

Symptom:

When im driving in traffic as it shifts from 2 to 3 or from 3 to 4 if I ease off the gas like to slow down or just coast when it is about to shift it will shift and feel like a hammer hit the tranny under the car, I inspected the guibo
it does not have a single crack, rear tranny mounts need changing but
still solid.

I can floor it or keep the gass open enough for it to rev up to about 5K on each gear and let it shift through all gears and it works fine, problem only when in slow traffic and i ease off the gas to slow down or coast.

Any suggestions
Xavier

bad_manners_god
09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
What year / Models can I look for when searching for a tranny for my E34.

95 with 161K miles on it, a week ago I did a complete top eng on it with new waterpump, and all rubber hoses under intake were replaced running like a baby except for this new issue with the tranny.

Symptom:

When im driving in traffic as it shifts from 2 to 3 or from 3 to 4 if I ease off the gas like to slow down or just coast when it is about to shift it will shift and feel like a hammer hit the tranny under the car, I inspected the guibo
it does not have a single crack, rear tranny mounts need changing but
still solid.

I can floor it or keep the gass open enough for it to rev up to about 5K on each gear and let it shift through all gears and it works fine, problem only when in slow traffic and i ease off the gas to slow down or coast.

Any suggestions
Xavier

Stupid question, but did you check the Fluid level, maybe just missing a litre.

bubba966
09-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Which '95 E34 do you have? Makes a difference as they didn't all have the same tranny.

632 Regal
09-24-2008, 11:27 AM
like 4 different automatics...
Which '95 E34 do you have? Makes a difference as they didn't all have the same tranny.

xaviervp
09-24-2008, 05:54 PM
My appology I forgot to add which model E34: its a 525i

I was planning on Saturday gambling and having the filter and fluid changed, what can it be $75 if it stretches the life a few more months
it will give me time to continue getting information.

Don't the 325's for the same year use the same tranny? does anyone know?

Thanks
Xavier