PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry chip kit?

BennyM
09-22-2008, 02:02 PM
I called the stealer to find out if a key fob on ebay would work with my car. They said that they don't actually reprogram the remote to the alarm unit like I thought, but rather they order a "chip kit" and physically install new chips in the remote and alarm unit. Is this the only way it works?

The archive is down so I can't read the thread on keylessrides.com remots. Has anyone had luck with those?

Thanks!
BennyM

russiankid
09-22-2008, 04:34 PM
I just got a keylessride fob last week and it works great. It comes with a chip that you install into the alarm. You then hold the reset button on the alarm with the ignition in the ON position for 30 seconds. Remove key from ignition and chip, and you're set!

BennyM
09-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Or are they just being overly cautious? What you described makes a lot more sense to me.

I just got a keylessride fob last week and it works great. It comes with a chip that you install into the alarm. You then hold the reset button on the alarm with the ignition in the ON position for 30 seconds. Remove key from ignition and chip, and you're set!

russiankid
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
All you are doing with the keylessride fob is programming the alarm to recognize the signal that the fob puts out.