PDA

View Full Version : One more Welding Prep Question

Jehu
09-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Should I also disconnect the Orange SRS plug under the steering column before the Welding is done? My caveman like comprehension of Electro-Physics suggests that the job being done in such close proximity right below around the gas pedal its not too difficult of a step to take to avoid an accidental triggering..

I'm getting psyched for this job... I'll be able to properly deal with the Seat Base Rear Elevator Cable with the Seat completely out of the car while the welding is done and determine weather the gear is stripped or its just the cable. I'll also have a Vacume Cleaner with me and get two and a half years of crumbs and other debris up and out..

Another plus is this body shop guy also paints and when I showed him my last paint job he immediately saw the shoddyness with "Orange peel" and mere overcoating of clear coat over one of the side fender signals where the paint had cracked in stead of removing the old and starting fresh... I'll eventually have him do it right and his suggestion of using that 3M clear laminate sheeting to place over the vulnerable wheel well corners and even try a strip on the Hood's edge and make a mask for the Nose Grill sounded interesting..

Next up weather to find someone to fix the Timig Chain Cover gasket leak or reupholster the driver's seat... that left bolster is showing its age with cracking and loss of Dye.. Anyone ever use Leatherique Redying products? Other than one very small hole up on the Seat back Side Bolster back near the seam there are no other serious tears.