PDA

View Full Version : Any clips I'll break removing Carpet?

Jehu
09-18-2008, 12:16 AM
When I bring my car to have the floorboard welded in on Monday I will be removing the interior myself at the shop. Center Console,seats, kick panel but I've never pulled up the door sill. But Never having pulled the carpet up I figured I ask weather I should come prepared in case there were moldings or maybe the door sills may have clips that might brake.. Just trying to cover all my bases before I start this ..thanks

russiankid
09-18-2008, 06:53 AM
When I remove the kickpanel and seats out of my E34 I didn't break any clips. You just have to be careful because the door sill clips can break.

Dave M
09-18-2008, 07:03 AM
When I bring my car to have the floorboard welded in on Monday I will be removing the interior myself at the shop. Center Console,seats, kick panel but I've never pulled up the door sill. But Never having pulled the carpet up I figured I ask weather I should come prepared in case there were moldings or maybe the door sills may have clips that might brake.. Just trying to cover all my bases before I start this ..thanks

I obviously missed something. Your floorboard (front) is rotten? Where abouts?

Curious,

Dave

Jehu
09-18-2008, 11:34 AM
I obviously missed something. Your floorboard (front) is rotten? Where abouts?

Curious,

Dave

All around the gas pedal. The pedal will now fall right thru and sit on the exhaust pipe... I fashioned a little prosthetic out of some sheet metal so I can drive it but will get it ground and have a new hunk of steel MIG welded in Monday.. I suspect that the leaking AC condensation hose I Ignored may have contributed along with living in the Northeast ,all the salt in Winters ..whatever the cause it'll be fixed..

Dave M
09-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Ewwwww. Better check mine.

Jehu
09-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Ewwwww. Better check mine.
I was Vacuming out one day , hit the pedal with the end of the hose and it poped up out of the floor... shock and despair rushed over me as I looked down and saw the Pavement below looking back at me... rusty metal flaky chuncks all around... ewww is right..lol..

Jehu
09-19-2008, 11:44 AM
When I remove the kickpanel and seats out of my E34 I didn't break any clips. You just have to be careful because the door sill clips can break.

What did you use to lift up the door sills? Putty knife?

Jeff N.
09-19-2008, 10:59 PM
If it's anything like the wreck we salvaged, you won't be able to get the forward carpet out without removing the heater unit. I recall that you can carefully cut around the heater box and you should be able to conceal the cut under the console.