PDA

View Full Version : 1995 540 L/H Door Brake Seperation from Door

Wilbranka
05-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Help :(

My left-hand drivers door "Door Brake Assembly" broke away from the door frame. The brake assembly is in good condition; however, the door frame is in pretty bad shape (missing and bent metal). Has anyone else had this same problem? Is there a patch kit available to repair the broken area to reattach the brake assembly, or do I just have to use my backyard mechanical skills?

I would again appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,

Bill G.

Unregistered
05-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Check out Brett's website regarding this problem- http://www.koalamotorsport.com. Unfortunately, if your damage is similar to what Brett shows, you will have to weld the door or replace.

I was lucky, my door brake failed before it damaged the attachment point. Two repair kits are awaiting some free time.

Cheers,

Roland

Help :(

My left-hand drivers door "Door Brake Assembly" broke away from the door frame. The brake assembly is in good condition; however, the door frame is in pretty bad shape (missing and bent metal). Has anyone else had this same problem? Is there a patch kit available to repair the broken area to reattach the brake assembly, or do I just have to use my backyard mechanical skills?

I would again appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,

Bill G.

Wilbranka
05-31-2004, 12:37 AM
Thanks Roland, just what I was looking for.
Regards,

Bill

tim s
05-31-2004, 05:48 PM
easy to install.i fixed mine before it was severly damaged. but the plates from koalamotorsports was worth buying.
tim s.