PDA

View Full Version : lighting upgrades/mod Qs

///Sniper535
09-09-2008, 10:11 PM
-I saw that post on adding those side lights on the doors when opend like the E32/E38, anyone know how to do this?

-I'm planning on adding mood lights inside the door handle area so that passegers can see where the door handle is in the dark before the dome lights go on. I can tap the power for the rear window switches for the rea door pensl but hot to for the front?

-what bulb can I use to get an ultra bright white on my license plate lights?

-eventualy I'm going to add those optional side markers on my fender but I'll put them on the moulding like an e38, where to I tap the wires for the turn signal function?

Thanks

bmwwheelman
09-09-2008, 10:20 PM
The turn signal function you can just splice off the signal wire. Get a multimeter and take off one of the plugs for the bulb. And turn your lights on, test which one has voltage. The one that doesnt have any voltage is the one that makes the light brighter for the turnsignals.

As for the mood lights, I'd run it off the illumination wire for your headunit????
And I believe PIAA makes super white bulbs for lisence plate lights... Cleaning them out helps too...

Im interested about the door lights and mood lights, I'd be interested to see them when complete!!

///Sniper535
09-09-2008, 10:23 PM
I already installed them for my center console, I screwed up an blew one LED i got from an E39 domelight assembly. So I'm on the search for similar LEDs with the amber color but cant find an exact match. I drilled holes for the holders in the sunroof cover panel. works well.

bmwwheelman
09-09-2008, 11:00 PM
I have amber colored led's... I found a place in my town that has them for realitively cheap...
Any electronics repair shop should sell them!
Any pics btw?