PDA

View Full Version : 4l30e rebuilders/openers: when did they transition to the gear...

ryan roopnarine
09-03-2008, 05:45 PM
based oil pump in that transmission. not that i expect anyone to know, but if you've opened up your auto and found that the oil slinger has a gear in it, i'd like to know the year of the car the transmission came out of. mine has a fixed/bolted slinger, but the atsg book shows that some had a gear based oil pump like a 4hp22. blitzkrieg has kindly offered to procure me a back section case, but i don't want to waste his time if it is obvious that the hardware will be different on certain year cars. thanks.

ryan roopnarine
09-06-2008, 04:11 PM
based oil pump in that transmission. not that i expect anyone to know, but if you've opened up your auto and found that the oil slinger has a gear in it, i'd like to know the year of the car the transmission came out of. mine has a fixed/bolted slinger, but the atsg book shows that some had a gear based oil pump like a 4hp22. blitzkrieg has kindly offered to procure me a back section case, but i don't want to waste his time if it is obvious that the hardware will be different on certain year cars. thanks.

bump