PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all!

Old Man Pete
09-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Just thought it was about time to register as I've been using the forum for nearly a year now to 'restore' my E34 touring. It used to have the shimmy and host of niggles but thanks to all on here I'm working through them.
So far: Upper & Lower track control arms, outer tie rods, anti roll links (front and rear) replaced rear suspension as some PO had deleted the SLS and used saloon spring so looked like car was on the runway tring to get airborne! Most of electrical gremlins in tailgate, engine and gearbox mounts, front discs & pads (pads were advised at last MOT). Still many more jobs on 'to do' list (front suspension, rear discs pads on next dry day!) but just wanted to say Hi and thanks for the help!

ps I'm not that old, just feel it when crawling back out from another day under the car

Paul in NZ
09-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Just thought it was about time to register as I've been using the forum for nearly a year now to 'restore' my E34 touring. It used to have the shimmy and host of niggles but thanks to all on here I'm working through them.
So far: Upper & Lower track control arms, outer tie rods, anti roll links (front and rear) replaced rear suspension as some PO had deleted the SLS and used saloon spring so looked like car was on the runway tring to get airborne! Most of electrical gremlins in tailgate, engine and gearbox mounts, front discs & pads (pads were advised at last MOT). Still many more jobs on 'to do' list (front suspension, rear discs pads on next dry day!) but just wanted to say Hi and thanks for the help!

ps I'm not that old, just feel it when crawling back out from another day under the car

welcome Pete....I have a 535 manual,but feel the urge to get something different,and my eye keeps turning to the e34 wagon..sorry touring.If only they had done a 535 version.

bubba966
09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
welcome Pete....I have a 535 manual,but feel the urge to get something different,and my eye keeps turning to the e34 wagon..sorry touring.If only they had done a 535 version.

They did a 540iT. Even better than a 535iT...:D

whiskychaser
09-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi Old Man Pete! Lloyd George knew my father... If you cant complete the phrase you either a. Not english b. Never played rugby c.Are not old c. are not called Pete. But you claim to own an E34 so thats good enough for me. Herzliche Wilkommen!

Jr ///M5
09-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Pete,

Hanging out on this board, crawling out from under cars, WILL make you old...

ask me how I know...=)

Welcome....
JR

Old Man Pete
09-03-2008, 02:09 AM

Hanging out on this board, crawling out from under cars, WILL make you old...

ask me how I know...=)

I'm not THAT old, but a day in the wind and rain under my (although the wife loves it too!) car flat on my back does make me feel it. I have resorted to lying on carpet because I seem to have spent so much time getting intimate with the underside of the E34 (and what a machine it is!)

Paul in NZ
09-03-2008, 04:08 AM
They did a 540iT. Even better than a 535iT...:D

true....but 540 manuals are rare in this country and i have never seen a 540 manual touring....

bubba966
09-03-2008, 05:09 PM
true....but 540 manuals are rare in this country and i have never seen a 540 manual touring....

They had 540iT/6's in Europe (only place I think). But yes, they were very rare. Forget the numbers, but they're definitely rarer than an M5 Touring.