PDA

View Full Version : Need $100 floor jack recomendations

Russell
05-30-2004, 09:06 AM
My AC Delco Jack (from Sears) just stopped working after 4 months. I need to replace, but I do not want to spend a lot of cash. If Sears only credits, I may need to replace with Sears. Any thoughts in the $100 or so price range. I would rather buy local (Lexington, KY) to avoid shipping charges.

I know the archives has some floor Jack discussion, but most has been on more expensive floor jacks.

Thanks in advance

Bill R.
05-30-2004, 10:07 AM
3 year warranty and its the best value for the price that I have found and I use up a lot of floor jacks. Advance in lexington has them or can order them. Only get this model, don't let them talk you into one of the other models. This has a universal joint on the release handle and is very smooth on the valving. Its low enough to fit under most cars and it raises fairly high. Check here for the model (http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=&SourcePage=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=PBI&MfrPartNumber=647530&CategoryCode=3397)
This model here usually is on sale for 79.99

My AC Delco Jack (from Sears) just stopped working after 4 months. I need to replace, but I do not want to spend a lot of cash. If Sears only credits, I may need to replace with Sears. Any thoughts in the $100 or so price range. I would rather buy local (Lexington, KY) to avoid shipping charges.

I know the archives has some floor Jack discussion, but most has been on more expensive floor jacks.

Thanks in advance

Russell
05-30-2004, 11:01 AM
3 year warranty and its the best value for the price that I have found and I use up a lot of floor jacks. Advance in lexington has them or can order them. Only get this model, don't let them talk you into one of the other models. This has a universal joint on the release handle and is very smooth on the valving. Its low enough to fit under most cars and it raises fairly high. Check here for the model (http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=&SourcePage=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=PBI&MfrPartNumber=647530&CategoryCode=3397)
This model here usually is on sale for 79.99

George M
05-30-2004, 11:13 AM
would be surprised if Sears refunds and doesn't exchange. I personally have had great luck with my Sears 3 ton and use it all the time...but others have reported failures.
I am sure Bill's recommendation is better as who knows more about these jacks than he. The downside of the Sears jack is letting the car down...the valve is not very graduated...takes a deft hand to bring the car down slow.
George

Russell
05-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Sears did not refund, just credited. Side note, some of the Sears clerks need to learn their business and customer service. Does not look like much training except OJT.

Anyway, the 3 ton and jack stands was on sale for $99.00. Very hefty and operates like a "real jack". The handle rotates to release pressure. Besides, my local Advance said they could not get the jack Bill R. recomended. Interesting

would be surprised if Sears refunds and doesn't exchange. I personally have had great luck with my Sears 3 ton and use it all the time...but others have reported failures.
I am sure Bill's recommendation is better as who knows more about these jacks than he. The downside of the Sears jack is letting the car down...the valve is not very graduated...takes a deft hand to bring the car down slow.
George

Tiger
05-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Only the folks in CA can get those jack... east coast is something else.