PDA

View Full Version : Loose defrost wire

ScottyWM
08-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Didn't get any response to this in the E36 forum, so I thought I'd ask here. Certainly it must be similar on an E34 sedan? (not on my touring though.)

Have noticed since I got this E36 3-4 years ago that the rear defrost sucked. Seemed like it only did half the window. Well, I just finished recovering all the door panels and rear shelf. Had to take off the pillar covers to get at the rear shelf and found this wire hanging. I know the PO had the headliner redone. I pulled the headliner down up to the sunroof, but don't see any wire that should go here. Seems like it should come out of the same little box as the other wire going to the defrost, but doesn't appear to be any damage, and I can't get that grey box open (would have to bust it open).

Any idea where this loose wire should be connected? Could I jump it to the other wire going to the defroster right below it? Any help appreciated.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/371/371092/folders/282967/2342118LooseWrie2.jpg

632 Regal
08-30-2008, 11:14 PM
very interesting, is there a similar setup on the passenger side? As far as I can guess there are 3 hookups, 2 for the defrost and 1 for the antenna. Perhaps it is supposed to be a ground? That's about all I can guess for you right now, someone else will chime in but this is a busy weekend.... might want to bump this back to the top come Tuesday.

ScottyWM
09-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Bump for all you guys that were on vacation.

BTW, the driver side has a completely different looking box and both wires going to that side of the defroster are attached.