PDA

View Full Version : My baby got hit yesterday.....

BFEINZIMER
08-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Well todays my birthday, whoop de doo! haha But I was hit yesterday by these asian girls, driver was 19.

I was traveling down a protected left turn lane, toward the intersection at about 15 miles an hour when this girl must have checked to make sure traffic is clear and merged right into me. She was stopped and basically turned into my lane while I was traveling down the lane. Thank god I was driving slow, about 15-20 mph. Here are all the pictures from the accident, and trust me they are worth seeing, at least to see how our E34's hold up. Her insurance called this morning and accepted full responsibility so its gonna be ok :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/BFEINZIMER/Accident82808

whiskychaser
08-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Wow! Lot of damage for such a slow shunt! Glad nobody was hurt and that insurance is sorting it out. I was wondering if yours was one of those unusual colours that need a total respray or they look odd?;)

repenttokyo
08-29-2008, 02:47 PM
really sucks about the rim.

leicesterboy15
08-29-2008, 06:07 PM
terrible man, what can you say! At least you took pics and they accepted responsibility! Seems strange that damage on both cars is on the side..

bubba966
08-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Ouch. Sorry to see your car messed up like that.

And make sure to get your T-Stars on the right way when it's all fixed up. Can't see the rears in the pics, but your fronts are on backwards...

BFEINZIMER
08-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Really the fronts are on backwards? Dam haha. And regarding the color, its a respray of a factory color, so I have no idea how the hell its going to work.

LunatiC
08-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident.

Is it customary to take photos of drivers licences when there's an accident? Here in Australia where I am, this isn't usually done... just a note of the registration number / licence plate number, and the name of the driver plus contact number usually suffices.

bubba966
08-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Really the fronts are on backwards? Dam haha.

Yup, the fronts are on backwards. Looking at older pics of your car with the T-Stars you had them on the right way at one point. Guessing you had 'em rotated and they didn't notice the T-Stars are directional wheels and got at least two of them on the wrong side of the car.

Luckily PS2's aren't directional tread tires. There is an outside and inside to them. But as long at they're mounted on the rim properly them they can go on any corner of the car.

So, easy way to fix the direction of your T-Stars is to swap the left front with the right front and it's good.

Would take a guess that your rears are actually on right. But have no idea as they can't be seen in the accident pics.

mclark1983
08-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident.

Is it customary to take photos of drivers licences when there's an accident? Here in Australia where I am, this isn't usually done... just a note of the registration number / licence plate number, and the name of the driver plus contact number usually suffices.

Pictures are worth a 1,000 words. Any ways good luck with the car. It would just be nice people knew how to drive a car the right way instead of being dumbfunded. Glad you and you're car are okay. Once again, good luck.