PDA

View Full Version : Right blinker stays lit! :(

misfortune
08-22-2008, 05:41 PM
As the title says, my right blinker blinks as it should, but stays lit when I turn on my headlights. Backstory, I wired in some euro headlights (ebay cheapies) and ever since then my right blinker remains lit. To make them work, I cut the old connectors and wired (soldered) on some euro connectors

I figured the solder ran and crossed so I unplugged the headlights and it still did the same thing. I swapped out the LKM for a known good one, still nothing.

Could their be bounceback from the higher gauge wire or something?

whiskychaser
08-23-2008, 01:42 PM
As the title says, my right blinker blinks as it should, but stays lit when I turn on my headlights. Backstory, I wired in some euro headlights (ebay cheapies) and ever since then my right blinker remains lit. To make them work, I cut the old connectors and wired (soldered) on some euro connectors

I figured the solder ran and crossed so I unplugged the headlights and it still did the same thing. I swapped out the LKM for a known good one, still nothing.

Could their be bounceback from the higher gauge wire or something?

UK indicator is on its own and the side light is part of the headlight set up. But dont you guys have a twin element bulb in there-one for side lights and a higher wattage for the indicator? I'm guessing your side lights come on with the headlights but if you put the bulb in the wrong way you are lighting up the higher element and wont see the flash. Possible?

misfortune
08-23-2008, 11:39 PM
UK indicator is on its own and the side light is part of the headlight set up. But dont you guys have a twin element bulb in there-one for side lights and a higher wattage for the indicator? I'm guessing your side lights come on with the headlights but if you put the bulb in the wrong way you are lighting up the higher element and wont see the flash. Possible?

Could you explain again, this sounds like it.

Paul in NZ
08-24-2008, 04:34 AM
the euro lights have the side lights acyually incorporated into the headlight,and the bumper mounted light and side repeater are for the blinkers only.If you have not wired your lights properly you may have one of your indicators wired to the side lights so that when you turn on your lights you cant see the flash

Ross
08-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Look for a poor ground somewhere.

whiskychaser
08-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Look for a poor ground somewhere.

That was my first thought. But if the headlight is going to ground through the sidelight it would blow the sidelight element wouldnt it? How about if you crossed the wires to the bulb holder (same as bulb in the wrong way)? That would give you a bright side light and you wouldnt see the lower wattage flash. I imagine the pins are offset so you shouldnt in theory be able to put the bulb in the wrong way. Our stop and tail light bulbs are like that and I've seen it done!:D