PDA

View Full Version : Coolant problem 1995 525i Auto

John24
05-29-2004, 03:55 PM
My son has gone on holiday and has just phoned to say that when he pulled into hotel car park he noticed water dripping from front of car - no indication of overheating on the dash. He found a sheared plastic screw on the top of the radiator next to the filler cap, which I believe is a vent screw. Any idea what would cause this to shear and any tips to get him home safely, as this is Bank Holiday weekend? Any advice much appreciated.

Gary M
05-29-2004, 05:19 PM
The plastic radiator parts are subject to cracks and breaks based on time and heat. You'll need to get a new screw. Depending upon where your son is it might be too late to zip over to a local dealer. Some are open on Saturdays. Another option is a junk yard.

My son has gone on holiday and has just phoned to say that when he pulled into hotel car park he noticed water dripping from front of car - no indication of overheating on the dash. He found a sheared plastic screw on the top of the radiator next to the filler cap, which I believe is a vent screw. Any idea what would cause this to shear and any tips to get him home safely, as this is Bank Holiday weekend? Any advice much appreciated.

John24
06-01-2004, 05:55 AM
Many thanks for response. Son managed to get home OK with help of a matchstick and some superglue. Now to get remains of plug unstuck.