PDA

View Full Version : Failed emissions and still happy

whiskychaser
08-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Put car in for MOT today. Failed on a couple minor points but the emissions failure had me worried for a sec. Till the guy said it JUST failed the lambda (O2) test. Well my car doesnt have an O2 sensor. And the print-out says he's using an E39 for reference. If it comes up to that standard I'm a happy bunny. Displayed rate for MOT was £53 but I was charged £35. Perhaps looking like 'trade' is an image worth cultivating? :)

e34.535i.sport
08-20-2008, 02:22 AM
If you can suggest a car to use it against you should use mine... as we found out i'm catless/02less too!!!! :D

Ferret
08-20-2008, 03:20 AM
Mine's due up for MOT... that's going to be fun!

whiskychaser
08-20-2008, 04:27 PM
I dont think I get to chose what car the garage compares it with John:D From what the man said we may be exempt from part of the test. If you cant do smoke signals with it, its probably OK:) Will see when it goes back in

Edit: Just found this. Seems neither of our cars should have the 'full' emissions test, even if they have cats fitted:D

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/catalytic_mot.php

e34.535i.sport
08-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I dont think I get to chose what car the garage compares it with John:D From what the man said we may be exempt from part of the test. If you cant do smoke signals with it, its probably OK:) Will see when it goes back in

Edit: Just found this. Seems neither of our cars should have the 'full' emissions test, even if they have cats fitted:D

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/catalytic_mot.php

LOL - Sorry it sounds stupid I meant incase your reg doesn't come up with no-cat etc use my reg for the right set up.... It's ok, I know what I mean... I think! :D

whiskychaser
08-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Passed re-test today with no advisories. Man must have done his checking as emissions are in order:

Item Limit Actual Comment
CO Max 3.5% 1.39% Pass
HC Max 1200ppm 224ppm Pass
Idle speed Pass
Smoke level Pass

Happy ending:)