PDA

View Full Version : In the Court of the Crimson King

Jehu
08-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Not entirely on topic but I ,yes I myself saw King Crimson perform last night in New York City... I was Blown Away......

I also found my Gas pedal which had separated from the rotted floor board was never actually repositioned correctly thus a substantial length of my Throttle cable had been going UNUSED!!!!!!! LOL.. I felt heat coming from my right foot well and found the base of the gas pedal which is no longer attached to the now rotted floorboard allowing heat up from the headers so I repositioned it while I was driving down I 95 in Connecticut no less and the next time I stepped on the gas pedal...... Vroom! What I imagined had been a vacuum leak was in fact the throttle cable failing to move the throttle to its fullest potential. Imagine my delight, my utter glee at finding i could now stomp on this 4.0 liter M 60 , with the completely new front end and she would respond with unreal power hurtling me through space and time to my date with Crimson History at speeds not legal and not known to me for probably a year,lol.... AWESOME.
http://home.comcast.net/~cpkver8/images/crim.BMP

MBXB
08-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Was Tony Levin on bass?

Jehu
08-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Was Tony Levin on bass?

Most definitely...yes... totally Awesome...

songs I remember were: opening with The Construkction of Light, Indiscipline or Disipline i don't know which, Thela Hun Jineet, Sleepless ( which was just utterly mind blowing) ,Neurotica, ..let's see... there was Level Five,Frame By Frame, Three of a Perfect pair, One Time, Red, Elephant talk and Vroom and the rest of the song titeles I can't remember but a setlist will emerge soon. Epic...

oh yah ; I also remmeber the Talking Drum > Lark's Tounges in Aspic part II

JMI
08-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Not entirely on topic but I ,yes I myself saw King Crimson perform last night in New York City... I was Blown Away......

I saw them also in New York City @ the old Filmore East. 1971 IIRC :D.

Jim

Jehu
08-18-2008, 12:57 AM
I saw them also in New York City @ the old Filmore East. 1971 IIRC :D.

Jim

Wow , as old as I am I was Eight years old then... I may have had two The Monkey's records then and maybe a Partridge Family album,lol..

I have this recollection of walking thru a crowded Amusement park called Paragon Park at Nantasket Beach in Hull,Massachusetts,hearing this song; http://home.comcast.net/~cpkver8/images/itily.mp3 over the PA system and it triggered something, some state of being, like a a mystical awakening to the wonders of the Female... it was obviously powerful recalling it nearly fourty years later but probably slightly less powerful than hearing The Sailor's Tale...

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-19-2008, 02:35 AM
I loved their Geezer Rock era of 21st Century Schizoid Man, but hey have lost me over he last few decades.