PDA

View Full Version : messed up turn signals

dt8068
08-17-2008, 08:15 PM
a couple weeks ago my turn signals just stopped working. The green arrow light or the click on the cluster wouldn't function when i moved the stalk up and down, nor would the actual signals flash. I checked the fuse and it was blown. replaced it, and all was well until two days ago when the turn signals completely died again. sure enough the fuse was blown, after i replaced it, it blew again within the first few uses of the turn signals. so i replaced it again and now only the left signal works and the right is on hiatus. the left has been working since, but the right is still dead.

the fuse is still good so what could my problem be, i have no idea where to start looking. All the signal bulbs seem perfect if that makes a difference.

shogun
08-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Relay change, try that.

dt8068
08-18-2008, 12:12 PM
i took apart the k16 flasher relay from the power distribution box and none of the wires seemed broken inside and the two relays inside weren't stuck, so i put the relay back in and now the right signal all of the sudden works. i don't know what i could have possibly done to fix it, but at least my signals are working. for now.