PDA

View Full Version : OT...my young man leaves for college today

Jr ///M5
08-17-2008, 11:36 AM
I know it's off topic, but many of you had input when I gave the 318iS to Aubrey when he turned 16.

Today, the 318iS will take him to college after serving him well throughout high school. A couple months ago he attained the rank of Eagle Scout, and now, the road to college. This reminds me of Tim Collins back when he was going to school. I'm just sitting back, getting older, and watching these young men grow up to be tomorrows leaders.

Thanks everybody for your support of this young man as he ventures off to find his way in the world, and you can be assured that there will be more BMW's in his future.

:( JR

632 Regal
08-17-2008, 01:00 PM
It just don't get any better than that!!! He is a successful student just as you are a successful parent. I feel proud for both of you!
I'm just sitting back, getting older, and watching these young men grow up to be tomorrows leaders. JR

Dash01
08-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Might be best to discourage his living in a frat house.

Paul in NZ
08-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I know it's off topic, but many of you had input when I gave the 318iS to Aubrey when he turned 16.

Today, the 318iS will take him to college after serving him well throughout high school. A couple months ago he attained the rank of Eagle Scout, and now, the road to college. This reminds me of Tim Collins back when he was going to school. I'm just sitting back, getting older, and watching these young men grow up to be tomorrows leaders.

Thanks everybody for your support of this young man as he ventures off to find his way in the world, and you can be assured that there will be more BMW's in his future.

:( JR
its a strange thing,this steady march of time...it seems like only yesterday that I could carry Amy around with her head in my palm and her feet in the crook of my elbow.....she is planning her university studies,travel to nepal....

whiskychaser
08-17-2008, 03:48 PM
You spend all your time trying to bring them up so they can stand on their own two feet. And when they can you feel redundant:)

Russell
08-17-2008, 05:16 PM
+1 on that. My three are all grown, college educated and with two of them living in different states and following their own lives. Their mom and I feel proud, yet sort of out of the loop. Unfortunatly, they are not BMW people. My daughter even has an Audi!

Bill R.
08-17-2008, 05:33 PM
My sister had this a couple of years ago and now that her son is off on his own, she keeps talking about selling their house and moving to the same city that he's in....My brother in law is fortunately keeping a cooler head....

philbyil
08-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Howdy Jr.

You are, and rightfully should be, very proud of that young man :) !!
I wish him all the success in the world.......

Jon K
08-18-2008, 03:44 PM
As a "young man" its incredible how fast time goes - I remember starting college and now I am out of it and its all so damned fast!

Congrats JR - I am sure he's a good kid, but as a recent college attendee I'd still recommend keeping tabs on him - I know so many good kids who get off track when they're in school!

nirvana19
08-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Congratulations to your son.

I myself am leaving for Claremont, CA on Saturday. Time has certainly gone by fast. I've been doing some maintenance and repairs on my car since it will be staying at home. My father will nurse it occasionally while I'm away, so hopefully when I come home I'll have a mostly operational car.

With that I'd also like to thank everyone and anyone that reads this on the forum for helping me keep my favorite car alive!

Craig Wright
08-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Congradulations to you son.

The time does pass so quickly. My two sons are out, and now my daughter, and the youngest wants me to take her to Kent State tomorrow for a first campus visit. We still have her first day photo on the fridge. I graduated from Kent 30 years ago. She's a senior now, and wants to know when she gets the 535. I told her after she masters the 5 speed on the Mazda, then, and only then will I consider "giving" her the 535. She is the only one of the three who has cought the car crazy thing. She enjoys Mid Ohio and was upset that to learn the F1 (ie Tony and Bernie still can't play nice) was not returning to Indy this year.