PDA

View Full Version : BMW Drive for the Cure

Russell
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Just drove a new X6 3.5i and an Alpina B7 today at my local BMW dealer here in Lexington, KY If you have not done it is for the Susan B. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation. BMW donates $1.00 for each mile driven over a specified route to the foundation.

X6, what's the point. Drove nice, no space and rear view felt like looking through a postage slot, Sure liked sat radio.

Alpina B7, What can I say, 500hp with supercharger, 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. Docile in traffic, but very fast. 21 inch wheels and wide tires. Drove well but seemed a bit darty over irregular surfaces at low speeds. White not blue like most Alpina vehicles??

Tiger
08-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Alpina!? Really? Did you take any pictures?

Russell
08-15-2008, 01:46 PM
couple , but not very impressive Just a big white car with big wheels and from a distance. Better pictures on Alpina's web site and and I believe on BMW North America's site. Very pretty blue.

Russell
08-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Additional Info. Check BMW North America for when they come to your area. They tour the entire country every year. I have done the drive for the past 5 years.

FYI, they use special peel off graphics on all the cars. They remove the graphics, recondition and sell as CPO vehicles. Do not buy a white 2008 BMW without fully checking it out! :)

You have to be 25 or 30 years old to drive the faster/more expensive cars. You can register on line and must register on line (perhaps phone call) for the M3 and Alpina B7.

M20Turbo
08-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Alpina!? Really? Did you take any pictures?

Tiger,

Here is a link to the photos that were taken here in New Mexico, the pictures of the Alpina are on the second page. The drive for the cure is a fun event and it's for a great cause. Try getting with the local BMW club and see if they need any help transporting the cars to there next event. Here in New Mexico the cars will travel 200+ miles to there next destination, if you are the lucky one to drive the M cars or even the Alpina cars, you be asked to trade cars at the first rest stop. Fun times.........

http://nmbmwcca.org/photos/kkomen08/kkomen.htm

Robin-535im
08-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Tiger,

Here is a link to the photos that were taken here in New Mexico, the pictures of the Alpina are on the second page.

http://nmbmwcca.org/photos/kkomen08/kkomen.htm

Cool car... but who's that funny looking guy in the red shirt? :)

repenttokyo
08-15-2008, 10:36 PM
For those who live in the Boston area, the drive is coming the 24th through the 26th of september.

attack eagle
08-15-2008, 11:07 PM
yep, I missed it this last time... too bad, would have liked a spin in that alpina.

prior time they were here (oct 07) i drove all but 2 cars, could have drivine all but traffic got fubared due to a nutjob on the free way. I was almost the victim of vehicular assault when some ass in an SVT countour tried to slam into me at 90+ mph. I saw him aiming his car at my bumper and he missed by a foot Thank you our lady of blessed acceleration, He collected some little mini behind me, and they cartwheeled along the divider.

attack eagle
08-15-2008, 11:07 PM
yep, I missed it this last time... too bad, would have liked a spin in that alpina.

prior time they were here (oct 07) i drove all but 2 cars, could have drivine all but traffic got fubared due to a nutjob on the free way. I was almost the victim of vehicular assault when some ass in an SVT countour tried to slam into me at 90+ mph. I saw him aiming his car at my bumper and he missed by a foot Thank you our lady of blessed acceleration, He collected some little mini behind me, and they cartwheeled along the divider.

M20Turbo
08-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Cool car... but who's that funny looking guy in the red shirt? :)

What are you talking about "funny looking"........ I guess funny is good, better than the alternative. Hope all is well Robin.