PDA

View Full Version : E34 Touring Sunroof Jam Activated

Oldgreene34
08-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi Guys,

I am a longtime E34 user and finally have the car I've been looking for for years. A 1995 Dual Sunroof Touring in great shape.

I had an ignition switch problem leaving me with a dead battery, OK that's behind me, but now the sunroof is not working.

The code that comes up is along the lines of Sunroof Jam Protect Enabled, but it does not reset and I do not know where the circuit breaker(s) are or if this is a limit switch problem, or somehow related to the dead battery?

With the front cover off at the sunroof switch the motor twitches when I push to close, the roof is closed, but does nothing when I push to open.

The roof worked perfectly before, any thoughts or wisdoms would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Washburn
08-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Did you try depressing the button and holding it for more than 20 seconds to reset it? Worked or me after I let my battery die.

Oldgreene34
08-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Nope, just pushed and released quickly, but I will try now.

Thanks,
Dave

Oldgreene34
08-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Well that was too easy, I wish I had asked before all of the farting around I've done.

Superb, thanks,
Dave

Elekta
08-16-2008, 03:50 PM
that's one of the only ones you get.

for glass hatch shock replacement the touring will take it all back

;)

Panzer Captain
08-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Did you try depressing the button and holding it for more than 20 seconds to reset it? Worked or me after I let my battery die.

Can you explain this?

Just press the middle button on the sunroof button, and hold it for 20 seconds?

Do you have to do this every time you disconnect the battery? Where did you hear about this?

Washburn
08-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Probably on here somewhere! Doesn't need it every time it would seem. I've run the battery down before, and didn't have to do it. When I had a problem, I did a little search and found something here...or just tried it because some other systems on BMW's like to be "reset" or "syncronized".

Panzer Captain
08-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Probably on here somewhere! Doesn't need it every time it would seem. I've run the battery down before, and didn't have to do it. When I had a problem, I did a little search and found something here...or just tried it because some other systems on BMW's like to be "reset" or "syncronized".

Just tried it --- worked like a charm!

Wow. Thanks!