PDA

View Full Version : One touch up/down all windows mod

ktteoh
08-14-2008, 12:22 AM
how do i get the 1 touch up/down for all the 4 windows instead of just the driver's?

i heard that i need to just swap out some module with a 7 series one - can anyone knowledgeable shed more light?

shogun
08-14-2008, 09:45 AM
One touch down AND up for all windows never existed, not for the E34 and not for the E32.
Older E32 have the one touch up and down only on the driver side door, all others were not one touch. Later from around 09/1991 there was a new GM on the E32, this one had the feature that all 4 windows had one touch down, but only the drivers window is/was one touch up. This was made because of safety regulations, just imagine your small kid is playing in the back with the switches and then it cuts the fingers off.
In addition only 2 windows can be operated as you might know, because the GM will cut off the actions when more units are pushed, because it will trip as there is too high Ampere, >30A.

In Japan we have developed a special one touch and down module for the E34, but for front doors only, many people use it here. Main reason is that Japan is a right hand drive country, but many E34 and E32 were delivered as LHD cars. We have toll roads and the cashier box is on the right hand side usually, as well as parking lot ticket machines etc.
This we have sold to many E34 drivers in Japan.
http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=onetouch4windowopenclosbf5.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=onetouch4windowopenclosps5.jpg

If you want one, send me a PM, I have them on stock.

At the moment we are working on a unit for all 4 windows up and down, that is a bit more complicated due to the GM loverload. We are presently testing the first versions on the road, but we are not selling it yet till we are 100% sure it works perfect.

Please note that these units, the one for the front doors as well as the new one for the rear doors, will have no 100% safety to stop when someone puts his fingers in between window glass and door frame. So use it at your own risk.

repenttokyo
08-14-2008, 10:43 AM
how is the overload a factor when I can manually open and close all of my windows simultaneously?

shogun
08-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Really? Let me see that :)

See here from ZKE on my website
http://kunden.tridem.de/auto/erich/zke/bild21.jpg
http://kunden.tridem.de/auto/erich/zke/bild22.jpg
There is a 30A fuse
plus inside the GM there is a switch off relay which switches off when

-there is more than 60 seconds a power flow of < 36A
or
-more than 0.3 seconds!!!! a power flow of between 36A and 60A (overload)
or
-longer than 0,1 seconds a power flow of >60A (short circuit)

And if the GM tripped, all functions are dead for 60 seconds.
And this document shows you in writing that only TWO windows can be switched at the same time
http://kunden.tridem.de/auto/erich/zke/bild23.jpg
It further says, in case you push more that 2 buttons, only the first 2 will be active.
In case that the overload limit is reached already with 2 windows, then another one will be switched off.

This is an official traning manual for BMW technicians!

sevenphotos
08-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Modern cars that do have one touch up/down on all windows, especially rear, also have a sensor in place that stops the window closing if it encounters any sort of resistance. Like a kids head.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Know a guy who does auto security and ICE work.

He's done several mods to the E32 and E38 system to open/close all the windows (in pairs), roof too and lock and unlock individual doors at the driver's command.

He uses a piggy back board on the GM that mimicks the the full lock command that can close all the windows and roof just like the key in the door lock.

repenttokyo
08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Really? Let me see that :)

See here from ZKE on my website
http://kunden.tridem.de/auto/erich/zke/bild21.jpg
http://kunden.tridem.de/auto/erich/zke/bild22.jpg
There is a 30A fuse
plus inside the GM there is a switch off relay which switches off when

-there is more than 60 seconds a power flow of < 36A
or
-more than 0.3 seconds!!!! a power flow of between 36A and 60A (overload)
or
-longer than 0,1 seconds a power flow of >60A (short circuit)

And if the GM tripped, all functions are dead for 60 seconds.
And this document shows you in writing that only TWO windows can be switched at the same time
http://kunden.tridem.de/auto/erich/zke/bild23.jpg
It further says, in case you push more that 2 buttons, only the first 2 will be active.
In case that the overload limit is reached already with 2 windows, then another one will be switched off.

This is an official traning manual for BMW technicians!

On my 1991 E34, If I hold down all 4 buttons at once, all the windows go down at once. Is this really so rare?

The only thing I can't do is automatic up / down for the driver's window if the passenger window button is pushed in the middle of operation. Same with the sunroof automatic setting,

CharlesAFerg
08-15-2008, 03:33 AM
In my 89, I can roll up or down 2 windows at once.
Except sometimes I can move the sunroof up or down while rolling windows.

Also, only the drivers side window goes up or down with one touch.

shogun
08-15-2008, 05:42 AM
That is normal, Charles. 2 is standard, the sunroof might be o.k. in addition, if the Amp in total for the GM is not to high, see my details above.

@repenttokyo
I only will believe it if I see that for real, make a video how you push with 4 fingers instantly all 4 switches and also with the other hand the sunroof switch. And then all should move at the same time.

attack eagle
08-15-2008, 07:01 AM
repent. your GM is broken... but enjoy it!

repenttokyo
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
repent. your GM is broken... but enjoy it!

i tried it today to make sure i wasn't crazy - it seems as though i can do all 4 if i do the front two from the front, and the rear two from the rear simultaneously?

otherwise i can only do the front two from the front simultaneously.

repenttokyo
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
That is normal, Charles. 2 is standard, the sunroof might be o.k. in addition, if the Amp in total for the GM is not to high, see my details above.

@repenttokyo
I only will believe it if I see that for real, make a video how you push with 4 fingers instantly all 4 switches and also with the other hand the sunroof switch. And then all should move at the same time.

see my post below.

525i winter driver
08-16-2008, 10:02 AM
i tried it today to make sure i wasn't crazy - it seems as though i can do all 4 if i do the front two from the front, and the rear two from the rear simultaneously?

mine is the same - i used to be able to close everything by keeping the key turned in the lock position but since i changed my doors it doesn't work anymore :(

shogun
08-16-2008, 11:08 AM

Now I am confused. So you push the front 2 doors on the center console with 2 finders, and simultaneous you push the buttons in the rear doors.
Then you need 3 arms
1 in front center console, one right rear door, one left lear door ;)

e34.535i.sport
08-17-2008, 05:01 PM
If I try to put the four windows up at once the car staggers the movement... Like if I leave them all down and use the remote it will start to close one, once that's about 1/4 the way up the next one will start to go up and so on.

It's REALLY annoying when I've clicked my one-touch and then someone else starts to put theirs up and it stops my window.... Grrrrr.... I don't know why but it badly p*sses me off!

repenttokyo
08-17-2008, 07:48 PM
mine is the same - i used to be able to close everything by keeping the key turned in the lock position but since i changed my doors it doesn't work anymore :(

my key thing works.

repenttokyo
Now I am confused. So you push the front 2 doors on the center console with 2 finders, and simultaneous you push the buttons in the rear doors.
Then you need 3 arms
1 in front center console, one right rear door, one left lear door ;)

i do occasionally carry passengers in my car.

repenttokyo
i do occasionally carry passengers in my car.

but not often.

karl1171
08-19-2008, 05:08 AM

There should be a group of 3, 2pin plugs in the door. The yellow one deadlocks the car and closes the windows: It connects to a switch on the key barrel.

I Just one one touch up and down on Drivers and Passenger windows - I'd have thought that would be quite easy to do?

shogun
08-19-2008, 05:24 AM
If it is that easy, just do it :)
Remember, these connectors, microswitches etc. are all controlled by the GM.

Otherwise we would not have made such a controller for the pass side one touch up and down function.
So with the unit which we have developped you have the both front doors one touch up and down.

That works since some years here in Japan. People want to have it because many E34 are in Japan LHD while the toll boths and parking ticket machines are on the RHD.

But as some people on Bimmerboard absolutely want to have a 4 door one touch unit, we work on that now.

leicesterboy15
08-19-2008, 05:03 PM
I've got one touch down on all 4 windows on my 96 540 touring but only 1 touch up on the drivers window, even the full closure system on my alarm does 2 windows at a time (one side then the other).

Paul in NZ
08-19-2008, 07:05 PM
my car will only ever roll up 1 window at a timeIf i do the full closure it does the roof then each window...one at a time

tim eh?
08-19-2008, 08:43 PM
There should be a group of 3, 2pin plugs in the door. The yellow one deadlocks the car and closes the windows: It connects to a switch on the key barrel.

I Just one one touch up and down on Drivers and Passenger windows - I'd have thought that would be quite easy to do?

thanks - i will check that... i should check to see if it works from the pass side too i only just thought of that... only my ds does the one touch - i think the owner's manual confirms that.

kinda taking a break from the car (to work on a new sig of course)