PDA

View Full Version : Alpina B10 Chip?

e34.535i.sport
08-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Chip out of an Alpina B10 -

What do we think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/87-93-ALPINA-B10-3-5-chip-for-BMW-M30-e34-535-e32-735_W0QQitemZ290251344313QQihZ019QQcategoryZ32094Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Suitable/worth it for a normal 535i? I have an EAT chip but wondering if this would yeild any additional gains etc...

bubba966
08-13-2008, 11:21 AM
If it's even a real Alpina chip (which I doubt) there was a lot more that Alpina did to the M30 than just chip it. As you haven't done that same work to your M30 I wouldn't put a chip that was tuned for a partiular build M30 into your car when you don't have that build and already have a very good chip for your car.

I've only got a temporary EAT chip in my car as I'm waiting for Mark to burn one for my EWS II codes. But if your chip does to your M30 what this chip is doing to my M60 I rally doubt you'll find much better chip-wise. The Dinan chip I used to have was better than the stock chip (and the stock chip was apparently a bit better than the regular M60 chips). But this 93 octane EAT chip is way better than the Dinan chip.

Do yourself a favor and stick with your EAT chip and put your money towards other things to improve your driving experience. Like even just getting it all running & functioning properly. You've been doing a good job of that so far, keep it up.

e34.535i.sport
08-13-2008, 01:38 PM
If it's even a real Alpina chip (which I doubt) there was a lot more that Alpina did to the M30 than just chip it. As you haven't done that same work to your M30 I wouldn't put a chip that was tuned for a partiular build M30 into your car when you don't have that build and already have a very good chip for your car.

I've only got a temporary EAT chip in my car as I'm waiting for Mark to burn one for my EWS II codes. But if your chip does to your M30 what this chip is doing to my M60 I rally doubt you'll find much better chip-wise. The Dinan chip I used to have was better than the stock chip (and the stock chip was apparently a bit better than the regular M60 chips). But this 93 octane EAT chip is way better than the Dinan chip.

Do yourself a favor and stick with your EAT chip and put your money towards other things to improve your driving experience. Like even just getting it all running & functioning properly. You've been doing a good job of that so far, keep it up.

That's fair - similar to my own thoughts but the ad suggests 'similar' cars will benefit. It'd be interesting to try it out, but not interesting enough to shell out £60!

On the bright side mine's almost done - some powerflex thrust arm bushings and it wants for nothing!!!! Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Alpina B10... Tempting thought.

shogun
08-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Forget that, these are NOT Alpina chips, guaranteed. I have seen the Alpina chips in my car, they look completely different, and no Alpina Mark, handwritten part number.
And you can be lucky that they are not Alpina chips, because real Alpina chips will not work, the engine made by Alpina has so many different parts compared to a normal engine. It cannot work.

That is like putting a racing saddle on a working horse and believing you suddenly have a racing horse.

sneekens
08-14-2008, 05:45 AM
Chip out of an Alpina B10 -

What do we think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/87-93-ALPINA-B10-3-5-chip-for-BMW-M30-e34-535-e32-735_W0QQitemZ290251344313QQihZ019QQcategoryZ32094Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Suitable/worth it for a normal 535i? I have an EAT chip but wondering if this would yeild any additional gains etc...

that chip is FAKE... trust me, the real thing doesn't look anything close...:D

Ferret
08-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Real B10 chip with an inkjet printed label? I think not puppy...