PDA

View Full Version : Seafoam.........Auto Rx......ATF.......Luiqi Moly..........POOP>>>>>>>> =)

BMW4LIFE
08-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Man there are soooo many things out there....

I have 162k on the e34 525i and was wondering if any of your guys/gals have tried any of the following...

Seafoam
Luiqi Moly (motor clean)
Auto RX
1/2 qrt. ATF fluid (?WTF)

are they worth it? do they do more bad than good? results?

thanks!:D

Ken35i
08-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Can't go past a can-o this (http://www.nulon.com.au/products.php?productName=Start_Ya_Bastard_Instant_ Engine_Starter).

attack eagle
08-09-2008, 06:32 AM
quart of atf? you bet. not just on bmw's either.
Did it on the BMW once, on my wife's Geo, and even on my Talon.

IN each case, was due to potential long oil change intervals by PO's, and the fact that dino can leave deposits if not changed regularly

Did it about once every 100k on the GMC pickup too (300k+)

Does a damn good job cleaning hydraulic lifters.

The really old school way, when single weight oils w/ no detergents were teh norm, was to drain 1/2 the oil and put kerosene in the crank case for about 5 minutes
Now THAT would clean those old flat heads out quickly.

Ross
08-09-2008, 07:34 AM
24% ether and heaven knows what else in this "highly flammable" aerosol. The propellant is carbon dioxide, WTF.

Russell
08-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Auto-rx works. At least it seems to. I noticed my car seemed a bit smoother and peppier. I understand it cleans the ring pack which helps compression. I did the process twice as recommended for cars over 100,000 miles I am now finishing my third treatment for the fun of it.

bubba966
08-09-2008, 01:29 PM
I ran Seafoam through the carb on my truck and it cleaned things up but good. Haven't run it in the M-Sport yet though.

Barney Paull-Edwards
08-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Could somebody explain what Seafoam is? Is it an engine cleaner?

Ross
08-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Snake oil

Barney Paull-Edwards
08-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Fair enough! Instead of that cr.., I flush with Diesel every second change,50/50 mix and it seems to work.

RobPatt
08-11-2008, 06:59 PM
I think there's no SINGLE silver bullet.... the crud took time to buildup and will take time to get cleaned out....

What I do:
- Chevron or Texaco gas because both have Techron.
- Techron (20 oz) bottle in the last tank of gas before an oil change.
- Oil change (w/filter of course) on hot engine every 5K miles
- Oil is Mobil 1 synthetic, choose your weight.

This keeps things pretty clean for the last 60K miles I've have the car... and yeah, I got the same engine as you, and I'm at about the same mileage... Running strong so shudder, nothing....

Now I've tried the Seafoam "suck it through your intake manifold" thing... and the LubryMoly stuff in the tune up kits from BMA... etc. etc...

But think the overall EASIEST thing on your engine is just a long term CLEAN diet... just like your body... you can't just go in and blast out crap from your veins and heart... it's gotta be slow and gradual....over time.

Cheers, hope this helps!
Rob sends.....

I have 162k on the e34 525i and was wondering if any of your guys/gals have tried any of the following...

Seafoam
Luiqi Moly (motor clean)
Auto RX

mclark1983
08-11-2008, 07:34 PM
I did seafoam in my Integra and that was a lot of fun blasting clouds of smoke down the road lol

Paul in NZ
08-11-2008, 08:25 PM
quart of atf? you bet. not just on bmw's either.
Did it on the BMW once, on my wife's Geo, and even on my Talon.

IN each case, was due to potential long oil change intervals by PO's, and the fact that dino can leave deposits if not changed regularly

Did it about once every 100k on the GMC pickup too (300k+)

Does a damn good job cleaning hydraulic lifters.

The really old school way, when single weight oils w/ no detergents were teh norm, was to drain 1/2 the oil and put kerosene in the crank case for about 5 minutes
Now THAT would clean those old flat heads out quickly.

so you just add a "quart" of ATF to the oil and run it for a bit...??
I just changed to synthetic and thats it

dennyg
08-12-2008, 05:09 AM

Seafoam
Luiqi Moly (motor clean)
Auto RX

I think Stabil is actually the best product to use because its much cheaper and I see the same result as in Seafoam.