PDA

View Full Version : Key buttons

h2oyo
08-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Hello All,
I just wanted to take a minute and let everyone know about link that Shogun had put up here about replacement rubber key buttons. I did follow through with this it was a bit difficult because of the different languages. I did get it ordered though, shortly after I received the ebay confirmation that the deal was complete I realized I ordered the wrong one. I sent the gentleman an email right away hoping to catch him before he mails the buttons. I explained my problem and he emailed me back no problem. Well about a week after I received the buttons and they where the wrong ones. Oh well I thought and used the big center button only as the others wouldnt work for me. Well I come home today and check the mail and there was another small package. Yep it was from the same gentleman that I had bought the first buttons from. He sent me another set of buttons (the correct ones) for free. I installed them this afternoon and they fit perfect. My key look brand new and works even better. I would like to put up a picture of them except I just cant figure out how to do it lol. Anyway I just wanted everyone to know if you have thought about it but because of the langauge difference or whatever do it you will be very happy and the gentleman is a very fair and very friendly and nice. I know I'm glad I did it.
Thanks
Johan :D

pgrindstaff
08-09-2008, 08:33 AM
The best way to add an image to your post is to upload the file to photobucket or a similar service. A link will be provided to the image which you will need to copy. Either edit your original post here, or create a new one and click the yellow button with the mountains and the sun. Insert the link to the image there, click ok, and you're done ;).

bubba966
08-09-2008, 01:25 PM
What improved in the function of the buttons?

Mine doesn't always want to disarm/unlock. Which is why I haven't set the alarm in quite some time as I had it not want to disarm one night and it took me over 2 hours to get the car started.

If this new button rubber fixes that, I'm all for going that route instead of giving BMW $215 for a new key.

Oh, and which one did you buy that was the correct one? Though I guess I need to see which key you have anyways to know if it's the same as mine.

h2oyo
08-09-2008, 04:44 PM
What improved in the function of the buttons?

Mine doesn't always want to disarm/unlock. Which is why I haven't set the alarm in quite some time as I had it not want to disarm one night and it took me over 2 hours to get the car started.

If this new button rubber fixes that, I'm all for going that route instead of giving BMW $215 for a new key.

Oh, and which one did you buy that was the correct one? Though I guess I need to see which key you have anyways to know if it's the same as mine.

Mine was doing the same thing by not always arm disarm and unluck. Under the buttons there is a small rubber point that on the old ones where worn down and didnt make contact with the push points on the electronic board. I have only had the new one in for a couple of days but the buttons work very well and there is a definite click feel now when the buttons are pressed. The wrong one didnt have two separate keys like the ones on my key for my 95 540i. All in all I am very happy with this. It also comes with some instructions on how to change the buttons out.
On another subject I just got my B and B exhaust installed and it sounds very good and all in all this is has been a great weekend.
Johan