PDA

View Full Version : Crashed the 535i/M...

Sixdown
08-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Some of you may have seen this already at Bimmerforums.

I posted this a few days ago on the other forum, but I haven't yet mentioned it here. I was t-boned the other night at an intersection while driving home by a 2008 M5. His car was entirely totaled with the engine beginning to enter the passenger compartment and my car was hit on the passenger side. I feared that my car would no longer be drivable, but I drove it all the way from the towing company to my house without a hitch.

My plan is to find another BMW e24 or e34, preferably another 535i/M with the money I'll make from parting out this car. I did not have collision insurance due to costs vs car's value, thus I'm keeping the car. Quote for repairs ranged from $4,000 to $5,000.

Sadly, I only purchased this car last April.

Damage:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/ulti88/IMG_0144.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/ulti88/IMG_0150.jpg

525i winter driver
08-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Some of you may have seen this already at Bimmerforums.

I posted this a few days ago on the other forum, but I haven't yet mentioned it here. I was t-boned the other night at an intersection while driving home by a 2008 M5. His car was entirely totaled with the engine beginning to enter the passenger compartment and my car was hit on the passenger side. I feared that my car would no longer be drivable, but I drove it all the way from the towing company to my house without a hitch.

My plan is to find another BMW e24 or e34, preferably another 535i/M with the money I'll make from parting out this car. I did not have collision insurance due to costs vs car's value, thus I'm keeping the car. Quote for repairs ranged from $4,000 to $5,000.

Sadly, I only purchased this car last April.

Damage:
[img]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/ulti88/IMG_0144.jpg[img]
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/ulti88/IMG_0150.jpg

bummer man - hope you have better luck with the next one.

whiskychaser
08-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Fck. That wont come out with T-cut. Sounds like everyone got out unscathed. May seem a poor consolation but it isnt

Ken35i
08-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh man that's sad.
Everyone came out alright yeah?
Considering the M5 was totaled, your car came out alright. Gotta love German heavy metal \m/.

Ross
08-06-2008, 05:53 PM
That truely sucks. One less of my favorite E34. Yours looks to have been nice too.
Take comfort in getting the best of the 3er. Lemme guess, boy racer?
Wish you were closer my '89 could use a few of the remaining body panels.

Tiger
08-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Wait a minute! The fact the other car T-boned you means that the other part is responsive for replacing your car. It is part of the property damage section of the car insurance. The other party insurance company will have to pay for your replacement car... which probably will not be worth much.

Collision insurance pays for your car when you are at fault of the accident (like the 2008 M5)... so that guy's insurance will pay him for a new car since they declared it totalled.

The other party insurance will also compensate for your suffering... such as rental car, medical, etc... this is done in monetary term... so talk to your insurance agent about this.

Don't feel that you deserve nothing because you only got liability insurance. You did not cause this accident...(unless you did...)

indierthanthou
08-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Shoot me a PM. I may have something you would be interested in.

Sixdown
08-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I'll probably get something for the car, far less than what a manual's worth to a BMW fan.

Tiger
08-06-2008, 09:04 PM
It will be comparable market price for a similar car... You have to show them with printouts of similar cars. Your insurance agent will help you with this.

Ken35i
08-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I'll probably get something for the car, far less than what a manual's worth to a BMW fan.

You damn right!

nirvana19
08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
****, I still have that door panel in my basement too :( reglued it right before I left

Morgenster
08-08-2008, 03:38 AM
Wait a minute! The fact the other car T-boned you means that the other part is responsive for replacing your car. It is part of the property damage section of the car insurance. The other party insurance company will have to pay for your replacement car... which probably will not be worth much.

Collision insurance pays for your car when you are at fault of the accident (like the 2008 M5)... so that guy's insurance will pay him for a new car since they declared it totalled.

The other party insurance will also compensate for your suffering... such as rental car, medical, etc... this is done in monetary term... so talk to your insurance agent about this.

Don't feel that you deserve nothing because you only got liability insurance. You did not cause this accident...(unless you did...)

Really?
Don't you guys have what we call 'priority from the right'? At any intersection without special markings or lights cars coming from the right have right of way around here. So if my car looked like that I wouldn't see a penny.

Anyway, sorry for your loss man. That car looked real nice except for the damage.
Any pics of the totaled M5?

Ross
08-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Buy it back for salvage and stuff the driveline in; A. A touring, B. An E30

gjmane36
08-09-2008, 02:36 PM
I am sorry to hear bout the crash, especially with another Bimmer! Goes to say that the 34 is a tank. Let me know if you decide to part it out.

BMWDriver
08-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Really?
Don't you guys have what we call 'priority from the right'?

Nope. Stop signs at most intersections, or lights. It would be cool if we had that.