PDA

View Full Version : OT: a quick chuckle for those screwin around on the inter tubes

ryan roopnarine
08-06-2008, 02:07 PM
1. this is from fark.com

2. please note the web address. this is a school with this up. hopefully someone will tell them (or someone will notice the uptick in traffic to their site) to get rid of the gif.

http://www.scsd2.k12.in.us/cyber/

note the text in the computer.

GJPinAU
08-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Someone noticed

attack eagle
08-07-2008, 03:35 AM
what was it?

DaveVoorhis
08-07-2008, 05:47 AM
It was a fairly ordinary school page with forgettable content, except for a decorative animated icon that displayed "Wanna cyber? ;-)" or something like that. I suppose they didn't recognise the usual "cyber-sex" connotation of "Wanna cyber?" Or maybe they did. Either way, I'll bet someone's been hauled into the principal's office to explain...

ryan roopnarine
08-07-2008, 08:58 AM
1. the page was for a middle school's "cyber cafe". The cafe, however, didn't allow food, and permitted only one student at a time into the bathroom.

2. the "cafe" cost 5 million dollars to create at some point. despite this, the page readily resembled a geocities page from 1996. 5 million to provide access to about 600 kids. (cough) embezzlement (cough).

add to that what dave has already said, and you have the ingredients for a mild chuckle.

ps. the first time it went down was caused by bandwidth issues, not being taken down. i would assume that it is down permanently now.

BigKriss
08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
yeah - poor website.