PDA

View Full Version : Price Estimate

kngpen
05-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Hello I recently purchased a variety of performance upgrades for my car and needed them installed. I recently joined the BMW CCA Tejas chapter but it will be 3-4 weeks till I get my card and membership information. I am looking for a shop or person to install the parts listed below. References to shops that are affordably priced with quality work will help too.

1995 525i Maintenance Upgrades

Suspension

*Sachs Kit – Front Shocks/ Springs and Rear Shocks/ Springs
*Lemforder Thrust arms + 750i bushings pressed

Breaks

*Brembo Rotors- Front and Rear (including new Rotor bolts)
*Raybestos QS break Pads with sensors- Front and Rear (including new wear sensors)

Exhaust

*Sebring exhaust system- entire cat back includes two pre-mufflers/resonators and rear unit w/ dual stainless tips

Maintenance

*Front Alignment
*Bleed the Brakes

I live in San Antonio, Tx and iam looking for a shop from here to Austin that can offer me a better price (including my recently purchased exhaust).

Unregistered
05-28-2004, 08:57 PM
2.5 hours for front brakes? And 2.5 hours for rear brakes? That's 5 hours for the brake job! I'm no tech but I could change front and back in less 1.5 hours.

Hello I recently purchased a variety of performance upgrades for my car and needed them installed. I recently joined the BMW CCA Tejas chapter but it will be 3-4 weeks till I get my card and membership information. I am looking for a shop or person to install the parts listed below. References to shops that are affordably priced with quality work will help too.

1995 525i Maintenance Upgrades

Suspension

*Sachs Kit – Front Shocks/ Springs and Rear Shocks/ Springs
*Lemforder Thrust arms + 750i bushings pressed

Breaks

*Brembo Rotors- Front and Rear (including new Rotor bolts)
*Raybestos QS break Pads with sensors- Front and Rear (including new wear sensors)
*Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit- 6pc

Exhaust

*Sebring exhaust system- entire cat back includes two pre-mufflers/resonators and rear unit w/ dual stainless tips

Maintenance

*Front Alignment
*Bleed the Breaks

I had a estimate done by RhineWest and they were hesitant since I purchased my own parts. They totalled it around $1350 without the exhaust install.

.50 hrs on front shocks & springs
3.0 hrs on upper control arms, includes pressing in new supplied bushings
2.75 hrs on rear shocks & springs
1.5 hrs on four wheel alignment
2.5 hrs front pads & rotors
2.5 hrs rear pads & rotors
0.75 hrs flush hydraulic brake circuit

17.5hrs @ 78/hr = $1365 + any other items required during repairs here

This seems a little expensive for this kind of work. I live in San Antonio, Tx and iam looking for a shop from here to Austin that can offer me a better price (including my recently purchased exhaust).

Unregistered
05-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Try R & L Autohaus off Bandera and Erkhart. They're in the book. I have used them for years and they really know their Bimmers.
Tell them Vernon & Tawnie sent you.

SpyJunior
05-31-2004, 12:38 AM
Talk to Lee at Black Forest Workshop. He's in North Austin near Howard Lane and Metric. Bench Mark if I remember correctly. I used to live in Austin, and he did some good work on my '81 320i, and SWMBO's '00 Z3. Got the '90 525i after I left town. Good luck.

Brad