PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Australia...

nirvana19
08-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Now I see what everyone was saying about the Commodore drivers. I'm somewhere outside Melbourne at the moment and I've been frightened by pimped out Commodores and Falcons. And that whole RHD thing. And the cold. And I haven't seen a single E34 in four days. Other than that I'm loving my stay here though :)

Cheers to all the Aussies on the board

GJPinAU
08-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Did you let us know you'd be here?

Where in Melbourne are you?

nirvana19
08-01-2008, 11:56 PM
I didn't mention it, unfortunately I'm here for a very short stay. I'm leaving Melbourne on Wednesday for another week's stay in Sydney. I'm visiting family, university starts soon for me and my uncle had a lot of frequent flyer miles that were soon to expire. The entire trip cost 107 USD with taxes. My extended family isn't that big so this has been a great opportunity to meet my cousin's on the other end of the world.

Oh, and I'm in Glen Waverley.

kev535i
08-02-2008, 12:07 AM
enjoy your visit -sorry its so cold but it is winter!

Ken35i
08-02-2008, 05:56 AM
Gidday Mayte :)

Glen Waverly ay? Kinda sorta around my area...kinda sorta.

Paul in NZ
08-02-2008, 06:38 AM
wednesday ,thats heaps of time to organise a barbie and a few beers!

LunatiC
08-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Oh, and I'm in Glen Waverley.

Holy crap you're just in the next suburb to me. Shame I didn't drive through there today, otherwise I would've been the first (and maybe only) E34 you'd see during your stay here.

Hope you're liking Oz.

BigKriss
08-02-2008, 11:29 AM
yeah, when your in sydney, we can arrange to meet up if you want to :)

nirvana19
08-02-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm definitely keeping an eye out for everyone, if you see a 180cm tall (i've been practicing my metric conversions) south asian looking guy in the passenger seat of a blue protege gaping at your car its probably me :p

Just teasing about the cold, it gets MUCH colder in Washington, but when I left the temperature was close to the 40s and here its in the single digits.

If anyone has some time, feel free to drop by! I'd come out and find people but my only day time form of transportation is really walking, buses, and the train (took it into the city yesterday). My license isn't valid here and I'd probably drive on the wrong side of the road anyway. I'm off High Street Rd if that rings a bell to anyone.

Kriss, if I can find you (and figure out what part of Sydney I'll be in) that would be great. I'm sure to have plenty of down time with most of my relatives at work.

cammo
08-02-2008, 10:24 PM
gday from melbourne. theres a few of us here. n yes commodore drivers suck

Sixdown
08-03-2008, 01:31 PM
talking about commodores (which suck), what Holden was the Cadillac Catera based on? I miss my time in Australia, although Canberra was entirely boring.

Ken35i
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
talking about commodores (which suck), what Holden was the Cadillac Catera based on? I miss my time in Australia, although Canberra was entirely boring.

Holden Statesman. Which is the upper market Commondore. Would make a good Caddy I guess.

t.wak
08-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I work in Doncaster, just north of Glen Waverley.

GJPinAU
08-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Kriss, if I can find you (and figure out what part of Sydney I'll be in) that would be great. I'm sure to have plenty of down time with most of my relatives at work.

Yes, find out which part of Sydney you'll be in and we'll get a couple of guys to meet with you.
I'm located in the northern part of Sydney with Nick (Genphreak) near by, Kris is in the south. The Big Fella isn't too far away, either is Phil Sanderson.
I'm sure we could manage to make so time to get together.

nirvana19
08-04-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm going to be in Bellevue Hill in the eastern suburbs. Not quite North Sydney and I don't really have a sense of how far away that is, but I'll be running around downtown and attempting to do some sightseeing so I'll be all over the place at some point or another. Oh, and I get in on Wednesday and leave Monday.

attack eagle
08-04-2008, 10:58 AM

it wasn't based ona holden at all.

Opel Omega MV6 was the basis of the Catera (which btw was another car to use the GM france 4l30e). The new GTOs were Rebadged holden monaros.

BigKriss
08-04-2008, 11:41 AM
sunday is the best day for myself to meet up or thursday night.

GJPinAU
08-04-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm shot for the weekend.
Porsche at Oran Park on Saturday and State Supersprint on Sunday at Eastern Creek.

Thursday night is OK

nirvana19
08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Sorry I didn't give an update earlier, schedule has been hectic, just got online last night around 3 AM. If anyone would still like to meet up Saturday or Sunday or maybe even today let me know when you're free and I'll try to get there. Try me on aim, shadowoverthis, or msn:
* pf&o #n(se #ka!net ATc*omca%stD OTn(et *
(minus random characters and spaces and replace AT and DOT respectively)
Or post or msg me here of course, I'll let you know if I get a hold of a mobile (easier).

Again, thanks everyone for being so welcoming. Next time I'll stay a little longer and get some people together for a few beers.

genphreak
08-16-2008, 04:29 AM
Pity we couldn't have had a few beers mate, but hell- there's always next time (since you've been here, no doubt you'll come back... or have our countrymen not lived up to our rep on the hospitality front?).

Tip for next time: I know you are used to the cold, but it is a lot nicer here when its warm...