PDA

View Full Version : 5-speed conversion

specialguess
07-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have been searching the forum and I am stuck. I have a doner car available and I need to know what parts I need to take from it to do a 5-speed conversion....I know the tranny, shifter, diff,....is there anywhere that there is a list of these items, so I don't forget anything.

Thanks Maurice

shogun
07-30-2008, 09:15 PM
go to my website below, link to GALE, he has listed it all for a 535/735

specialguess
08-21-2008, 08:55 AM
go to my website below, link to GALE, he has listed it all for a 535/735

Thanks for the info

sneekens
08-21-2008, 09:12 AM
hello Everyone,

I Have Been Searching The Forum And I Am Stuck. I Have A Doner Car Available And I Need To Know What Parts I Need To Take From It To Do A 5-speed Conversion....i Know The Tranny, Shifter, Diff,....is There Anywhere That There Is A List Of These Items, So I Don't Forget Anything.

Thanks Maurice

Nice Sig You Got There!!! I Think You Grabbed My Pic Sir....:(

specialguess
08-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have been searching the forum and I am stuck. I have a doner car available and I need to know what parts I need to take from it to do a 5-speed conversion....I know the tranny, shifter, diff,....is there anywhere that there is a list of these items, so I don't forget anything.

Thanks Maurice

Ok I got all the parts from the doner car:
tanny
shifter parts
drive shaft
rear diff
peddal assembly
all hydraulic lines (will have to replace some lines)
fly wheel
wires for reverse switch

I started yesterday taking my car apart so far I have taken out the tranny, drive shaft and automatic shifter assembly. This conversion looks straight forward.

If there is any advice or things i should look at while doing this conversion please feel free to tell me.

I have noticed a little oil leak on my oil pan so I am going to change the oil pan gasket and I am going to change the rear oil seal aswell.

If there are any pionters on the electrical Auto to Manual that would help greatly....I know the info's here in the forum just have to read.

Thanks for any help in advance

sneekens
08-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Oooops.... I think I took a pic exactly like what you have... hehehe! Sorry for the confusion.... I'll look for the pic and post the pic I'm talking about.. Sorry for the OT..

specialguess
08-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Nice Sig You Got There!!! I Think You Grabbed My Pic Sir....:(

Thanks for the compliments but no I grabbed nothing from no one that picture is my car and work is done by me.

Click the link and se for yourself

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2390887

specialguess
08-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Give me 1 min and I will be back with a picture for you.

sneekens
08-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Anyways, Nice engine bay you have there!! I love your exhaust manifold!! Sorry again for the confusion....

specialguess
08-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Its OK to grab my pic, but to pretend its yours.... PLEASE... you know what to do..

Thanks!

I took 2 pictures for you... unless you have your car in my garage and my hands look like yours. I would say this is my car with my pictures
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/2390000-2390999/2390887_37_full.jpg?
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/2390000-2390999/2390887_38_full.jpg?

Have a nice day

specialguess
08-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Anyways, Nice engine bay you have there!! I love your exhaust manifold!! Sorry again for the confusion....

No problem....I believe they are Racing Dynamics Headers I put them on 2 years ago

sneekens
08-21-2008, 09:36 AM
hehehe!! sorry for the stupidity sir.. I apologize. my bad...

specialguess
08-21-2008, 09:39 AM
hehehe!! sorry for the stupidity sir.. I apologize. my bad...

No problem

Have a good day

Young Pete
08-22-2008, 01:16 AM
slightly Off topic, but where did u guys get those huge strut tower bars?

specialguess
08-22-2008, 08:06 AM
slightly Off topic, but where did u guys get those huge strut tower bars?

Racing Dynamics.....many many many years ago

specialguess
09-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey anybody know where the transmission computer is located - 1989 525

Thanks

attack eagle
09-09-2008, 10:48 PM
you don't have to take it out, but it should be in the e-box on sedans, we have it in the the right kickpanel on tourings.

specialguess
09-10-2008, 06:02 AM
you don't have to take it out, but it should be in the e-box on sedans, we have it in the the right kickpanel on tourings.

Thanks but I do have to find it so I can dissable the transmission error message that I would get since I have gotten rid of the automatic transmission.

attack eagle
09-10-2008, 09:59 AM
nope. you don't.

LISTEN

LEARN

you ground a single wire by the shifter to get rid of the message.
It has nothing to do with the trans computer at all.

M20Turbo
09-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the compliments but no I grabbed nothing from no one that picture is my car and work is done by me.

Click the link and se for yourself

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2390887

Nice looking car you have there.....

specialguess
09-10-2008, 05:34 PM
nope. you don't.

LISTEN

LEARN

you ground a single wire by the shifter to get rid of the message.
It has nothing to do with the trans computer at all.

oh ok thanks...I have read that

specialguess
09-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Nice looking car you have there.....

Thanks....nice Turbo you got there

specialguess
10-12-2008, 07:03 AM
5-speed conversion complete...started the car yesterday and tested all gears. only problem is reverse lights did not turn on. I will check the wiring and the switch.

no transmission error - jumper wire
started no problem - jumper wire
pedal rack instalation went with no issue
clutch bleeding was no issue - reverse bled the system
reverse lights - still have to check wires and switch

Conversion went well, just that it took me so long, don't have that much time during the day (work/kids).

Thanks for all the help and advice you guys are great.

M20Turbo
10-12-2008, 09:41 AM
5-speed conversion complete...started the car yesterday and tested all gears. only problem is reverse lights did not turn on. I will check the wiring and the switch.

no transmission error - jumper wire
started no problem - jumper wire
pedal rack instalation went with no issue
clutch bleeding was no issue - reverse bled the system
reverse lights - still have to check wires and switch

Conversion went well, just that it took me so long do to to not having that much time during the day (work/kids).

Thanks for all the help and advice you guys are great.

Congrats..... Hey, did you happen to move your battery out of that HOT engine bay, and place it in a much cooler environment, under the rear seat?

specialguess
10-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Not yet but I will move the battery, got to buy a new one first. Thanks

Congrats..... Hey, did you happen to move your battery out of that HOT engine bay, and place it in a much cooler environment, under the rear seat?