PDA

View Full Version : What would the benefits be...

e34.535i.sport
07-29-2008, 04:10 PM
... of changing my current 18" e60 replica wheels to some 17" Throwing stars / M-Parallel's? I've saw some T-Stars on ebay that I might be interested in at the right price. Hopefully my wheels would offset the cost of the new wheels so that isn't an issue.

My wheels are very heavy and scratch VERY easily. After reading around it seems that 'smaller' wheels would improve performance (and maybe fuel economy) due saved weight, and improve the ride quality. I'm also wondering if they would take some of the stress off the suspension and steering components?

How much difference would there actually be between the 17" and 18", would it even be noticable? I wouldn't want to go any smaller than 17" as I think the car looks better with bigger wheels rather than smaller ones, just a personal veiw...

Any opinons welcomed! :)

Paul in NZ
07-29-2008, 04:46 PM
... of changing my current 18" e60 replica wheels to some 17" Throwing stars / M-Parallel's? I've saw some T-Stars on ebay that I might be interested in at the right price. Hopefully my wheels would offset the cost of the new wheels so that isn't an issue.

My wheels are very heavy and scratch VERY easily. After reading around it seems that 'smaller' wheels would improve performance (and maybe fuel economy) due saved weight, and improve the ride quality. I'm also wondering if they would take some of the stress off the suspension and steering components?

How much difference would there actually be between the 17" and 18", would it even be noticable? I wouldn't want to go any smaller than 17" as I think the car looks better with bigger wheels rather than smaller ones, just a personal veiw...

Any opinons welcomed! :)

t stars very strong ,very light,very authentic

bubba966
07-29-2008, 07:36 PM
As has been said T-Stars are very light and very strong. I think a T-Star weighs about 19.5 pounds or so. Yes, it should help out with the gas mileage a touch, though it might not be enough to be easily noticeable. The car will ride and handle better with the T-Stars than it will with your 18" replicas. And tires should be cheaper than the ones for your 18" replicas.

M-Pars are 18" wheels and aren't light. So you'd not have any of the advantages of the T-Stars.

repenttokyo
07-29-2008, 07:41 PM
you will notice a difference in handling due to the weight difference between 18 inch replica and 17 inch factory.