PDA

View Full Version : Trunk switch removed

Kibokojoe
07-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Ok guys I removed the trunk switch about three days ago and left it out so I could test the circuit. Well this morning when the trunk was open I got a message display the trunk was open. Now how is this happening with the switch out. Is there another switch or sensor besides the one mounted on the trunk lock?

bad_manners_god
07-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Ok guys I removed the trunk switch about three days ago and left it out so I could test the circuit. Well this morning when the trunk was open I got a message display the trunk was open. Now how is this happening with the switch out. Is there another switch or sensor besides the one mounted on the trunk lock?

Well, IMO, if the switch is out completely then it's an open circut causing the messege to be on ALL the time.

shogun
07-28-2008, 03:22 AM
Could be a broken wire loom from trunk to front.

Paul in NZ
07-28-2008, 05:01 AM
why did you take the switch out in the first place?

Kibokojoe
07-28-2008, 07:37 AM
To take it apart and clean the contacts. I was getting the "trunk open" display everyonce in a while. If I would shut off the car and close the boot again the display would usually go away. Looks like now I have to find out where the wire is broken

shogun
07-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Usually the wire is broken where it moves = trunk lid bracket where the wire loom is attached to.

632 Regal
07-28-2008, 10:31 AM
yes, checked mine and a thicker blue wire has separated, no clue what it does but will solder it later.
Usually the wire is broken where it moves = trunk lid bracket where the wire loom is attached to.

Kibokojoe
07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Just as you guys foretold. It was a broken wire. Matter of fact one broken wire and two getting ready to break
http://www.freewebs.com/kibokojoe/broken%20trunk%20wires.jpg

Thanks guys