PDA

View Full Version : parts car for montrealers?

525i winter driver
07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
'not running' looks very nice tho - '94 530 check craigslist... i don't need much right now but i could maybe throw a few dollars at it - depends on the rest of you. philip i think it's your colour!

repenttokyo
07-23-2008, 02:46 PM
make sure those parts would fit on your car, Tim - even year to year models had some very different parts and pieces.

byeyou
07-23-2008, 03:59 PM
i would be interested w/ some of the parts:)

BMWDriver
07-23-2008, 06:47 PM
I would not mind having the sunroof and the front wings, trunk and hood.
Doh, wide hood. Guess I'd have to go for the grill and all.

525i winter driver
07-24-2008, 01:54 PM
make sure those parts would fit on your car, Tim - even year to year models had some very different parts and pieces.
check! actually i hardly need anything (at the moment - which is good) but i'd go in on it for some bits and pieces ... just throwing the idea out there... 3 is not enough that's for sure unless one of us (by 'us' i mean 'you' :)) is really willing to give. thanks ben good to know you're still watching out for us buddy!

bad_manners_god
07-24-2008, 04:29 PM
I need the rear carrier

BMWDriver
07-24-2008, 05:10 PM
I ain't got no storage for it, so don't count on me for dishing out the dough ;). Plus I can't tow. It just depends on what state its body is in. That 3.0 V8 DOHC must kick better butt than my M50. It's Tiptronic ? Had no idea that was available in 94. Not my taste for driving though: it's manual only for me.

Don't fool us Tim, you want the interior !

The thing might actually be worth putting back on the road.

525i winter driver
07-24-2008, 08:04 PM
I ain't got no storage for it, so don't count on me for dishing out the dough ;). Plus I can't tow. It just depends on what state its body is in. That 3.0 V8 DOHC must kick better butt than my M50. It's Tiptronic ? Had no idea that was available in 94. Not my taste for driving though: it's manual only for me.

Don't fool us Tim, you want the interior !

The thing might actually be worth putting back on the road.

jeez i hope that's not what you really think i wouldn't try to profit from you guys - i wouldn't do an interior swap man i'd rather eat rotting garbage and the door panels won't match my carpet - i do need some seat parts to fix the pos i bought off lee in ottawa :( and some small plastic pieces and clips and ashtrays but i don't need a parts car. my lower front speakers are bad was thinking maybe a/c if it fits i dunno it was more for everyone else.
is the rear carrier the same on a touring? i'd be surprised but my car surprises me all the time.

BMWDriver
07-24-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm just messing of course. But, I was not saying you wanted to profit from us, but that you wanted something, just as much as I want those beautiful new looking (from a crapy pic, what can you guess?) panels for my rusting body. Humour is not easy to pass along with text I suppose. ;) So I'm poking at ya ! :D

I don't think I can afford what I could use anyway. I'll probably just paint for now and buy wings much later on. The M50 still runs great and that's what really matters. I have to go with what I can afford now. It would have been great, but the timing's wrong. I just go bit by bit and it gets better. It's like a dream you build one step at a time.

The A/C is different. They put in what's called R134 in the later e34s, can't say what year from, whereas we have the R12. You could do a retrofit, which is described on bmwe34.net and it doesn't seem like you have to replace the whole system.

It must be from 09/92 because they did alot of upgrades that month: wider mirrors, Vanos engine on the M50, wider grill, introduce the V8s (530/540)...

bad_manners_god
07-24-2008, 10:17 PM
I have the wide grill but no vanos...maybe because mine was USA? Rear carrier is same for all the E34's, even touring...maybe not m5.

I never check realOEM for M5....can only dream to have one...the R32 GTR will have to do in it's place...but there's nothing like smoking any modified 2 door sports car with a 4 door sedan from back in the day.

Tim, if you do swap out the door panels, swap out a couple of other parts and make the car "2-tone"...it would be original and it's a solution

525i winter driver
07-25-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm just messing of course. But, I was not saying you wanted to profit from us, but that you wanted something, just as much as I want those beautiful new looking (from a crapy pic, what can you guess?) panels for my rusting body. Humour is not easy to pass along with text I suppose. ;) So I'm poking at ya ! :D

I don't think I can afford what I could use anyway. I'll probably just paint for now and buy wings much later on. The M50 still runs great and that's what really matters. I have to go with what I can afford now. It would have been great, but the timing's wrong. I just go bit by bit and it gets better. It's like a dream you build one step at a time.

The A/C is different. They put in what's called R134 in the later e34s, can't say what year from, whereas we have the R12. You could do a retrofit, which is described on bmwe34.net and it doesn't seem like you have to replace the whole system.

It must be from 09/92 because they did alot of upgrades that month: wider mirrors, Vanos engine on the M50, wider grill, introduce the V8s (530/540)...
yeah man i thought of you first when i saw it maybe it could save you the paint-job but ... :)... i was pretty sure you were joking but like you said text can misrepresent.

Tim, if you do swap out the door panels, swap out a couple of other parts and make the car "2-tone"...it would be original and it's a solution
dude that's one of your best ideas ever!;) (it won't always be held on by tape btw) hey so what grade sandpaper does one use to give leather a light sand?

bad_manners_god
07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
yeah man i thought of you first when i saw it maybe it could save you the paint-job but ... :)... i was pretty sure you were joking but like you said text can misrepresent.

dude that's one of your best ideas ever!;) (it won't always be held on by tape btw) hey so what grade sandpaper does one use to give leather a light sand?

See, that is a really nicely done interior. That's what we did for a Jaguar 4.0 S-Type...we had one with a black interior and one with a beige interior that we bought from an auction and had been vandlized and all the interior was taking except the carpets.

The other Jag with the black interior was going for scrap so we had the whole interior, except to take out the carpet on these things is ridiculous.

So we swapped certain parts....seats, dash, columns from the black car and used some of the beige parts and it came out really nice.

Sandpaper...Start with a Safe amount...1000....if you don't see much improvement then go for 800, 800 was enough to lightly sand my tail-lights to smoke them.

BMWDriver
07-25-2008, 01:22 PM
That's your interior Tim ? I'm jealous !

525i winter driver
07-25-2008, 02:54 PM
That's your interior Tim ? I'm jealous !
yeah that's one door anyway... i happened to have half a cow hanging around for the right job. looks good but i think my cow was shinier than the one on the seats so i need to dull it down. (and hopefully at the same time deal with a big gorilla glue thumbprint) the other doors look like the pics in the #&&hole p o thread still... and i just realized that job is on hold i gotta go pull some fuses.

BMWDriver
07-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Check this new find ! :
http://www.bmwquebec.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=3755
Roller e34